inTank Media Baskets

hmm, screw-in power compacts?

Aesodh

Trying to save money (and sick of changing light bulbs) so I bought some of those long-life and low energy ones from Wal-Mart the other night. When I got home I noticed they were power-compact (still screw-in type, though, basically a regular sort of light bulb that has a bit of ceramic and four curvy tubes instead of a bulb). Would they work for a nano tank, keep the reef critters alive and well like a normal purpose-built reef light?

Not going to use them for my tank even if they do, $10 for two of them, and you'd need a few for a tank I'd think, and have to built something to recieve them all, for the same money you can go buy a nice already built lighting system. But for something really small, if the lights would work, they'd be fine.

(The lights also somehow work in sockets that long ago decided to not work with normal bulbs for whatever stupid reason, so they're also good for that)

pitbullpooch

people have tons of posts on here about these and use them in their nanos.they have to be atleast 6500k though.i used them over my fuge and they work fine.

fyi, tank specific bulbs= wattages in, regular bulbs= wattages out. Be sure to check the wattages used (That's the one we use) or divide by 3. Hope that helps.

Archived