Top Shelf Aquatics

powerheads

freckles

How many powerheads do you have on your nano(s)? I have 1 Penguin w/ a flow rate of 145. I have a spare one...... If I put the second one one will I have too much current?

I did have two Maxi-jet 600's. But they seem kinda fast for my Xenia, so I took one off and hooked up a Fluval 304 canister filter with a spraybar attacked with a drill to reduce water flow speed and get more circulation.

If the current PH you have is fine and not fast at all, adding another similar one wont create much more of a disturbance, and will be better. It also helps tremendously if the one were to jam up or fail.

NaNO ReeFiN

I have a 7 gallon tank and I'm currently using 2 Rio90's pointed at different directions and it's working very well in my tank.

you guys are putting so much currents in your tanks...i am only using a Aqua clear 400 for the under/behind LR current, a Zoomed Sweep214 for the surface, and a Aquaclear 800 for the returning sump..and also a rio 400 for pulling water into my refugium with natural flow back...

but as a 7 gallon..1-2 rio 90 is way more then enough..i would even say 2 rio 50 would be perfect..and they are only $8 ea.

What is your turn over rate in your tanks? for example if you have a 10g tank and a 100GPH pump your turn over rate is 10 times per hour.

Archived