Coral Vue Hydros

Roxy's Jellyfish Tank

rockhead01

The jellies are doing good and adapting to their new home rather well. This morning I replaced my lamp bulb with a new 150W 14000k Phoenix bulb to give them fresh new lighting and they had their first feeding of fresh brine shrimp. They sure where happy little critters once the food entered the tank. Here are a few new pics of them with their tentacles now open and a couple videos of them eating this morning.

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm starting up a tank for these guys any secret tips? And the book you recommended was great, Thank you

TIP* The high nutrients cause serious algae issues. Invest in a diatom filter. It's the only way to keep the water clear.

Please ask me any question you have, I'd be happy to help. Its awesome that you going to keep them too!

I guess I should start my own tank thread instead of hijacking yours :P. Just one more quick question, have you had any poylps form in your tank? From everything I've read these jelly's are the easiest species to breed yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I should start my own tank thread instead of hijacking yours :P. Just one more quick question, have you had any poylps form in your tank? From everything I've read these jelly's are the easiest species to breed yourself.

I do have quite a few polyps, but have not had them strobilate yet. Have you started your tank yet?

I do have quite a few polyps, but have not had them strobilate yet. Have you started your tank yet?

Not yet. I'm not sure if I want to try moons or go with the upside down jellies.

Not yet. I'm not sure if I want to try moons or go with the upside down jellies.

So neat! Today was the first time I saw your thread and was all sad and stuff when I heard about your jellies, then all happy to see the new ones! Keep us informed

• 2 weeks later...

So for a while now I've been having an algae/diatom problem in my tanks, especially the jelly tank. I purchased the SPECTRAPURE® MAXCAP RO/DI SYSTEM which I'm hoping will help eliminate my current issues. I'll post new pics once I get rid of the unsightly algae.

PS Next month I will be adding new Spotted Lagoon Jellies! I'm soo excited!

IMG_5583.jpg

• 1 month later...
PS Next month I will be adding new Spotted Lagoon Jellies! I'm soo excited!

UPDATE???

fingerscrossed

I'd do upside down jellies first. If I could go back in time, that would be my first choice. They are the best species to start with because they require so little care compared to others.

I'm confused about the filtration in your tank. If you have a diatom filter and other filters, do all the brine shrimp get caught in it? It seems like a majority of them would be sucked through the filters.

I'm confused about the filtration in your tank. If you have a diatom filter and other filters, do all the brine shrimp get caught in it? It seems like a majority of them would be sucked through the filters.

Nate,

The pumps are used only intermittently and are never used during feedings.

Awesome news everyone. I have baby jellies in my system! Little ephyra swimming around, they are soo tiny. Not sure I can get a pic yet. I'll keep you updated!!!

PS Jellies are doing great!

Awesome news everyone. I have baby jellies in my system! Little ephyra swimming around, they are soo tiny. Not sure I can get a pic yet. I'll keep you updated!!!

that is so cool :happy:B)

• 5 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived