Coral Vue Hydros

Red Sea Coral Pro VS Neo Marine

nick1912

So I have been using RSCP for the past two months and the damn thin mixes every time spot on at 1/2 cup to every gallon. Only gripe I ever have with this salt, and I am sure other salts are the same is that it leaves a lot of calcium deposits in the mixing bucket.

Calcium= 440-445

Magnesium= 1230

pH= 8.4

dKH= 8

Those are after a day of mixing @ 80 F.

I got myself a big and hard to open bucket of Neo Marine and the 1/2 cup per gallon rule is not at all right. I was hitting 40! on the refractometer. I have not tested the salt yet, still finishing my RSCP. After I finish the bucket of Neo Marine I might go right back to RSCP because it just stays consistent(no needing to "roll the bucket").

So anyone have tried any of the salts? and what are your opinions on them.

I never got any red sea products to mix up clear, they always ended up making my tank cloudy.

I've had good luck with my neo marine, and all parameters seem good too.

I love the Brightwell salt so far!

Don't worry, the bucket gets easier to open after you do it a couple of times! ;)

JMO though...

B)

I have only used RSCP since getting in the hobby last year and aside from the small deposits I have had no issues. I usually mix it and put it in after temp is reached (about 5gals) no issues. I am thinking about the new aquavitro mix. It seems everytime I need a new bucket for the price and familiarity RSCP stands out.

I hate neo marine! I did a wc with 24hrs at 80 degrees and thing is cloudy! My corals were not even happy at all. RSCP never cloud up my water and the corals never changed from a wc. I will give it 2 more water changes before I decide but right now RSCP is the one I will be returning to.

Archived