Cultivated Reef

T5HO Vs PC

codylau

I am considering to buy either T5HO or PC for my 150L reef tank. I am not sure which is more suitable to me. What's the main difference between two? Also, which of the following setup will be brighter or more suitable for reef tank:

1) 4x36w PC

2) 3x24w T5HO

Thank you!

Same bulbs without the bend and a better reflector. Not worth the price difference IMO. Halides are your best bet, especially for the amount of pc/t5 you mentioned. It also indicates your tank size at about 30in (10-15gal?). HTH

Wrong forum buddy~!!! These nano reefers know not of the size you speak@!@! Just kidding, but a 150 is 30" high...putting you well into the green zone for halides and out of range for even the largest power compact...unless you already have halides and are just looking for actinic supplimentation...was that your question? If not, I would strongly suggest halides...250wattsMH x 3 (one per every 2') or 400watters (3 of em). The height of that tank pretty much makes it your only good option.

My tank is not that high actually, it's only 22", excluding the 2" sand bed, it's 20" from the top to bottom. I was refering my tank volume is150 litres (~35g), including main tank and slum. Is it still defined as nano???

My exact tank size is 24"w x 22"h x 14"d, and my sump is attached in the back of the tank, w/ size of 24"w x 22"h x 4"d.

With all these tank information, what kind of lightening you guys recommend? Personally, I don't much like Halides, it just so hot! I suppose it will raise the water temperature for at least 3 to 4 degree, and I'll need pay a lot more for the chiller in summer (Fyi, I live in HK, it's very hot here in summer, and my electric bill will drive me crazy !!! )

Thank you!

Archived