Innovative Marine Aquariums

Porksoda's 10g build!

porksoda

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. My mother has fallen in love with my 29g and Ive been seriously considering trying a 10 for her. Ill definately be watching! Seriously though, that light is questionable when it comes to keeping an anemone?!? 13WPG? I guess an anemone is definately out of the question for my 29.... Keep up the good work porksoda!

PS: I lived in Silvercity, NM for about 4 years but now Im back home in Maine!

nice scape pork. thats quite the cuc

Thanks alot!

They get the job done haha. :P

Very nice. My mother has fallen in love with my 29g and Ive been seriously considering trying a 10 for her. Ill definately be watching! Seriously though, that light is questionable when it comes to keeping an anemone?!? 13WPG? I guess an anemone is definately out of the question for my 29.... Keep up the good work porksoda!

PS: I lived in Silvercity, NM for about 4 years but now Im back home in Maine!

I am glad you like it.

Thats a little far from me but I know where it is.

There isnt much out there either.

I love the arch and the minimalistic rockwork. I may turn my tank into a fragtank and do something like this in a 20L version. Simple > messy. Love the nem, but watch the cleaner shrimp. Mine ate my maxi-mini nem.

Nice tank! Have you figured out the anemone yet? I'd love to know what it is, and how well it does....

Tagging along :D

New pictures I took today. I just feed it some Tilapia from the deli area at my local Albertsons. Only thing decent I can feed it for now until my LFS gets some silversides in.

Still what everyone thinks it is?

Flash:

2010-03-03190842.jpg

2010-03-03190850.jpg

No flash:

2010-03-03190912.jpg

2010-03-03190920.jpg

Sebae Anemone

(Heteractis crispa)

Stats

Care Level: Difficult

Lighting Requirements: High

Water Flow: Moderate

Aggressiveness: High

Range: Indo-Pacific

Family: Stichodactylidae

Water Conditions: 74-80 F; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

gotta be my fav

Nice tank! Have you figured out the anemone yet? I'd love to know what it is, and how well it does....

Tagging along :D

The anemone turned out to be a Heteractis Aurora Beaded Anemone.

Pretty interesting since the LFS didnt even know what it was haha.

New FTS ( Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture):

2010-03-26112756.jpg

2010-03-26112731.jpg

New things are I added Coralife legs to my Odyssea light fixture so the light sits lower now and gets more light to the tank.

I added a little bit more LR. I moved the powerhead to the back right corner. I think it was blocking to much of the tank.

Also I moved all the mangroves to the left back corner.

I like the tank, looking pretty good. Just a thought about the mangroves, I read somewhere that the top of them shouldn't be beneath the water surface. I imagine because it prevents them from properly exchanging gas with the atmosphere. You might want to pull them up to the surface until they grow a little longer and then plant them.

Nice! Are you planning on adding any more fish? j/w :P

Well me and my gf plan to remove the yellow tails damsel and get a pair of tiny clowns.

My LFS has some like super small clowns. I think they will do fine in a 10g.

I also want to get rid of the cleaner shrimp and get a smaller one.

I like the tank, looking pretty good. Just a thought about the mangroves, I read somewhere that the top of them shouldn't be beneath the water surface. I imagine because it prevents them from properly exchanging gas with the atmosphere. You might want to pull them up to the surface until they grow a little longer and then plant them.

Thank I am glad you like it! I can get enough of hearing that haha.

There are so many tank out there you can say that to and you say it about mine. It feels awesome!

Actually they are supposed to be out of the water but mine are really short except for one.

They will grow fully submerged but they will grow slowly.

I tell they are growing because I can see the difference from when I first got them and how they look now.

I plan on putting a Aquaclean on soon so I will probably just move the smaller ones in there.

But for some reason I am liking the looks of the Mangroves inside the tank.

Its different and I love to be different.

Lookin good get some better pics. +1 to clown idea.

Yeah my cell phone isnt cutting it. I am about to buy my GF a new camera for her b-day so Ill start using that. lol :P

Yeah my cell phone isnt cutting it. I am about to buy my GF a new camera for her b-day so Ill start using that. lol :P

nice. she doesn't come on here, does she? :P

nice. she doesn't come on here, does she? :P

lol. Not now she wonder what I do on here for hours so she said she wants to make a profile.

Love the build! How did you id the nem? I really thought it was a Sebae myself..... just a little bleached. The mangroves are sweet, I just ordered some for my 20L!

Love the build! How did you id the nem? I really thought it was a Sebae myself..... just a little bleached. The mangroves are sweet, I just ordered some for my 20L!

Thanks! Well I had a thread on Reefcentral in the Anemone section. I had a few anemone "experts" help id it.

I actually found them for sale on a few websites:

heres one

and

Another

It actually has been the same size since I got it. Also I feed it regularly but it looks the same. Maybe they are supposed to be white? who knows.

Not much people have this kind of anemone from all my searches.

Thats cool.

I purchased mine though John at reefcleaners.

My bulbs came in today!

I purchased Current USA Dual bulbs from Foster and Smiths.

Wow! Its like a world of difference! The colors in the tank looks amazing now!

I will get pictures when I get my camera.

My bulbs came in today!

I purchased Current USA Dual bulbs from Foster and Smiths.

Wow! Its like a world of difference! The colors in the tank looks amazing now!

I will get pictures when I get my camera.

link?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was looking at my zoa and I noticed that I have like a fluffy white stuff around each zoa head. What could it be?

I touched it with my finger maybe expecting it was some kind of algae but not it feels like the actual coral.

Any ideas?

2010-05-03231100.jpg

Weetabix7

Probably sponge.

Or fungus.

Not totally sure which, unfortunately.

Are the Zoas opening well and acting healthy?

Archived