Coral Vue Hydros

I Just Got My Tank

NYCITYDAVE

IT HAS BEEN 9 DAYS SINCE I BOUGHT MY TANK, I HAVE AN 18 GALLON TANK AND PUT ABOUT 17 LBS OF FIJI BRANCH IN IT. I ALSO HAVE TWO CHROMES. YESTERDAY I NOTICED A BROWN COLORING ON THE SAND. I AM VERY NEW TO THIS SO ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

Take the fish back to the LFS, good chance your about to kill em. Then read all these articles, some of them twice:) http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/

There is a ton of good up-to-date information there. Chances are the LFS said you needed the fish to cycle the tank, they are wrong! Your live rock will do it just fine.

Jeff

YOU ARE RIGHT, THEY DID TELL ME THAT I NEEDED SOME TYPE OF FISH IN THEIR TO HELP OUT THE CYCLING. SHOULD I BE CHECKING THE WATER EVERYDAY? THEY TOLD ME TO GO BY ONCE A WEEK WITH A SAMPLE OF THE WATER TO GET IT CHECKED. IF I NEED TO BE CHECKING IT DAILY WHAT KIT SHOULD I BUY?

Please turn off your caps lock. In the forums it is generally considered yelling.

Buy yourself pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate test kits and a hydrometer. Deep six is a decent hydrometer.

Sorry about the caps. Just a habit. Anyways i will go buy today and purchase these. What type of thermometer is good to have in an 18 gallon tank?

thermometer? Just buy one of those sticky strip ones for $2 and stick it to the side panel of the tank. Or if you wanna get fancy buy one of the digital temp probes.

For your temp go to Radio Shack. For about $10 to $15 you can get a digital indoor outdoor unit. Remove the metal clip from the remote sensor (dont want any metal in your tank) and place the plastic sensor (just the sensor not the whole unit!) in your tank. Super easy to read the temp at any time, and cheap.

Jeff

Archived