Coral Vue Hydros

How often do you feed your fish?

yOyOYoo

I've heard anywhere between once every 3 days to once a day to 2-3 times a day.

So how often do you guys feed your fish?

I just got a clownfish for my tank and he always seems hungry! He won't stop eating! I use a chopstick to take out brine shrimp and the clown will eat it right out of the chopstick, practically jumping out of the water to get the food!

Can I feed him too much? How often should I feed him? Right now i'm feeding him about 3-4 whole brine shrimp per day...

how much do you feed at a time?

I keep feeding my clown, but he keeps beggin for more, i'm not sure when to stop!

-is 4 good sized brine shrimp enough?

Brine isn't really the best food for the fish. Not enough nutrients. Try rotating some frozen formula one, and some flake as well. Shave off a few pieces of formula one from the cube and thaw in some tank water to feed the clown. Flake, just a pinch. How's the clean up crew in your tank?

1 cube of brine a day is enough to very quickly pollute the aquarium and cause major algae blooms.

My clean up crew is pretty good, Got 4 nassarius snails and two hermits that take care of most leftovers.

I'll pick up some flakes soon. I keep trying to wean this clown on some special formula sinking pellets but apparantly he's too good for the pellets! He'll put it in his mouth, then spit it out instantly!

ninhsavestheday

CHOPSTICKS?! HOW FOB!!! :teehee:

i give my clown a pinch of formula 1 a day and then sometimes switch it up with mysis shrimp to make it interesting. its better to underfeed than overfeed.

in the wild clownfish are given the joy of food 24/7, 365 days a year.. thats why they are always eating.

Archived