Pod Your Reef

2x36 or curlys and bookworms

yeroc40

In anyones experience would a 2x36w setup with 1 10K and one 03 be better than a 2 19w 65K curlys and 3x13w bookworms 2 10K and one 03?

Nearly the same wattage but a bit more spectrum coverage, control, and less expensive with the curly's and bookworm types?

The 2x36W is less control,slightly more expensive, and has a questionable source petsupplyliquidators.com in order to compare the same price range?

thanks

Tank size? I just went from 4x13w bookworms in my eclipse1 hood on my 15gal to a 96watt quad and all I can say is wow. I wish I would've did this in the first place and never touched the eclipse hood. I ended up gutting the whole thing for a skimmer and HOB anyway. I would certainly go 2x36 because 72watts is much better then 39watts!

Hey Chronicles,

Did you say that you had an Eclipse 1 hood on a 15 gal? It must then be a 15 gal high, right? I just got a 15 gal high and need to buy lighting? Is the powerquad fixture really as great as you make it sound? If so , I probably buy one this week.

Thanks,

aqua_aaron

Yeah it really is, make sure you get the legs for it. I should've bought this in the first place instead of buying the eclipse hood, then the ritelights, new bulbs, gutting the hood, etc. Someone on here said to the eclipse users "I was hesitant at ditching my eclipse hood for the power quad, but once I did there was no looking back" and that's the truth!

Archived