Lawnman's Elos Mini RIP

Lawnman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
squirrelieygrrrl

beautiful as always lawn.

its so hard to leave them alone isnt it? its almost like some sort of compulsion. im terrible about that too, to the point that i have a post-it on my stand that says in bold black sharpie, ''keep your hands out of the tank''

still only a mild deterrent. lulz.

i absolutely love my acanthophyllia too, such a bizarre coral.

best regards

~squirrel

beautiful as always lawn.

its so hard to leave them alone isnt it? its almost like some sort of compulsion. im terrible about that too, to the point that i have a post-it on my stand that says in bold black sharpie, ''keep your hands out of the tank''

still only a mild deterrent. lulz.

i absolutely love my acanthophyllia too, such a bizarre coral.

best regards

~squirrel

The Acanthophyllia is a crazy coral.It swells up sometimes to the size of a small dinner plate.My tank does really well when I just feed and leave it alone.How is lunch doing?

squirrelieygrrrl
The Acanthophyllia is a crazy coral.It swells up sometimes to the size of a small dinner plate.My tank does really well when I just feed and leave it alone.How is lunch doing?

i see you keep yours more flush with the sand, does yours have its entire skeleton attached at the bottom? or was it broken from the rocks when it was collected? i bet it really spreads out. i was fortunate enough to get mine complete, i think it was collected from the sand. so i keep it almost entirely off the sand so it drapes, at night mine turns into some sort of odd softball shape with a flat top where the mouth and tentacles are.

Lunch is great, same goofy fiesty bugger as always. im surprised he hasnt grown much in the past year though. hes still only about 2 inches. id say hes gained 3/4 of an inch over the year. dunno if this is on track or not.

You take some really beautiful pictures! I really like the corner shot you took. Everything is so vibrant and looking good! I definitely want to follow this thread. Outstanding!

• 3 weeks later...
i see you keep yours more flush with the sand, does yours have its entire skeleton attached at the bottom? or was it broken from the rocks when it was collected? i bet it really spreads out. i was fortunate enough to get mine complete, i think it was collected from the sand. so i keep it almost entirely off the sand so it drapes, at night mine turns into some sort of odd softball shape with a flat top where the mouth and tentacles are.

Lunch is great, same goofy fiesty bugger as always. im surprised he hasnt grown much in the past year though. hes still only about 2 inches. id say hes gained 3/4 of an inch over the year. dunno if this is on track or not.

Mine has the entire skeleton.It spreads out huge. It is a really awesome coral to feed.Drop some LPS pellets or krill on its face and it is on.All my corals are packing on weight except my bleeding apple scoly.I can't get it to eat for nothing.But the other scoly opens up to eat anytime food hits the water. Glad to hear lunch is doing great.I really like those clowns.

How is your coral growth with the 70w mh? I was planning on using that same setup on a 18" tank but people kept saying it wouldn't be enough light.

I couldnt be any happier with my light. I had a 150 sunpod and leds and hated the leds. You cant go wrong with the 70 sunpod and ushio bulb. My growth is crazy on my zoas LPS and leathers.

My tank is 17 inches tall and I get good growth.

I just could not find the happy medium on placement. After a few months and tons of coral loss I switched back to the good old MH.

• 1 month later...
Builder Anthony

Just thougt id stop in and see what your tank was like.I like the colors on it i have alot of greens yours seem more blue.Nice and clean.......mines that way till i have to do a water change then i mess up my glass.Sigh....Well have a nice day.

Yes it does.The leathers are alot bigger and TONS of coralline now.Lost one of my black clowns.Other than that nothing new.Gonna clear out the sandbed corals for some new stuff.Local frag swap coming up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Reef Goddess

Love your tank! It's really neat to see your evolution through keeping different corals. All of your corals look great and so healthy!

I really should show you my nano tank. :D

Thanks Morgan.I have tried alot of corals and I just love soft and leathers.Easy to care for and I don't have to keep up with dosing.If I am late on a water change my leathers don't get mad at me.Most of the time I don't get to see my tank with the lights on till the weekend with my crazy work schedule.I really enjoy watching my clown gobies swim in and out of the sinularia leathers.Gonna miss my local frag swap this weekend because I have to work so look forward to spending my hard earned cash with you. :D Ow and show me the nano girl quit keeping it a secret.

• 5 months later...
LivingStrong08

Iaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam BAaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkk!!!

Whats up man!!!

How u been?

Tank is good here. However, on vacation a few months back my nem split and killed everything over a week period. So now... Im looking to restart my zoa's, etc. Phew..

Whats new??? :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived