ReefCleaners.org

Aqua FX Barracuda 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Filter

johnyens

I am looking to get an RO/DI filter. The LFS has the Aqua FX Barracuda 4 Stage - 75GPD for $239.95. Is that a decent deal?

Here is the link to the website. Aqua FX Barracuda

Prices are in CDN. Let me know I would like to go pick it up today.

Thanks!

-John

I don't know the exchage rate but for $149 American you can get the Spectrapure ProPlus which is a better unit and includes things like a tested 90 GPD RO membrane, custom blended SilicaBuster DI resin, and a pressure gauge like the Barracuda but also a dual inline TDS meter and a better 1 micron 9,000 gallon carbon block vs the 5 micron.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

For $249 you can have the MaxCap which is the best RO/DI on the market today.

So it seems hard to get this product in canada. SpectraPure will ship to canada but it will be charge customs fees so that will make it more expensive. I then worry about ordering parts in the future. I am a US citizen and I live right now in Vancouver. Anyone have any other suggestions? Right now it looks like i am back to the Aqua FX.

:(

I don't know the exchage rate but for $149 American you can get the Spectrapure ProPlus which is a better unit and includes things like a tested 90 GPD RO membrane, custom blended SilicaBuster DI resin, and a pressure gauge like the Barracuda but also a dual inline TDS meter and a better 1 micron 9,000 gallon carbon block vs the 5 micron.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

For $249 you can have the MaxCap which is the best RO/DI on the market today.

So it seems hard to get this product in canada. SpectraPure will ship to canada but it will be charge customs fees so that will make it more expensive. I then worry about ordering parts in the future. I am a US citizen and I live right now in Vancouver. Anyone have any other suggestions? Right now it looks like i am back to the Aqua FX.

:(

You could buy my barracuda for $100+shipping, but it needs a new DI and a new membrane -_-

Thanks for the offer!

Why are you looking to sell it?

-John

You could buy my barracuda for $100+shipping, but it needs a new DI and a new membrane -_-
Thanks for the offer!

Why are you looking to sell it?

-John

The wife wants something that takes up less counter space, since we live in a small apartment. She wants me to get the mighty mite, which is fine because I only have a 7 gallon at the moment.

Well thanks for the offer but I think I must decline. Shipping things from the US to Canada is really a PITA!

I know from experience. You will usually be charge a customs fee along with tax and whatever else they feel like that day.

-John

The wife wants something that takes up less counter space, since we live in a small apartment. She wants me to get the mighty mite, which is fine because I only have a 7 gallon at the moment.

You might contact Spectrapure and see if they have a dealer network in Canada? I heard a few buyers saying they got the same discounted prices thru an online vendor or LFS too.

So I contacted them. They want $65 to ship the MaxCap. Thats seems like a bit much.

I also found a reseller in canada called Mail Order Pet. They want $438 for the 90GPD MaxCap! From Spectrapure.com its $249. The exchange rate is 1$ US = $1.04 CAN so this seems like a total ripoff.

I live 45minutes from the US border!

Any other suggestions?

Thank to everyone for their help so far.

You might contact Spectrapure and see if they have a dealer network in Canada? I heard a few buyers saying they got the same discounted prices thru an online vendor or LFS too.

You might contact mail Order Pets and see if they are aware of the discounted pricing Spectrapure is offereing, send them a link to the sales flyer.

Thanks for the suggestion,

I just called them and they were supprised and said their cost was higher than that and there was nothing they were willing to do on the price.

So looks again like I am back to looking at the Aqua FX. Anyone have any other recommendations or can offer any experience with this product?

Thanks for all your help so far!

-John

You might contact mail Order Pets and see if they are aware of the discounted pricing Spectrapure is offereing, send them a link to the sales flyer.
Well thanks for the offer but I think I must decline. Shipping things from the US to Canada is really a PITA!

I know from experience. You will usually be charge a customs fee along with tax and whatever else they feel like that day.

-John

I can find out shipping if you give me some info, can't hurt to try. I believe AquaFX is based in Florida, so it shouldn't be too different from their price.

Archived