inTank Media Baskets

Grey bar on my clownfish

chrisjj625

Have you changed anything lately? Clowns can color up differently under different environments, and if a change has taken place in his, different colorations may begin to show up. Only slight ones though. Either way...he looks pretty awesome. I'd love to pair him up with my WC Female.

DANG! But the coloration changes normally happen with the orange part of their bodies getting slightly darker, or lighter depending on a number of variables. Never seen any documented cases of the bars changing color.

how big is the clown. It is possible the the white stripe is still coloring up. The tail stripe is the last bar to come in, and it will be gray until it reaches full coloration

i bought mine with no grey at all a month ago. it started on the middle bar. it gets darker everyday. i dont know what to think..looks kinda cool

sorry about the cell phone camera..

clowns.jpg

clowns2.jpg

maledw.jpg

thats really cool.. i like the color change.. i used to have a flame angel in my tank... he was fine with the coral.. a lot of places and people say with caution but never did i see him pick... he died :(

He died today. The other one I got him with used to hang out all the time. Then they moved to separate sides of the tank and the one starting beating him up and killed him :(

• 10 years later...

One of my clowns has a similar thing! Really couldn’t tell you why but it’s a neat little mutation! We are moving tanks so I’ll post if there’s any changes to it! 

• Like 1