Cultivated Reef

Finally got pics

jstewart0

My lfs had a contest for tanks under 30 gal. The winner would get $50 credit. So I finally had enough incentive to take some pictures of my 8 gal.

I made the tank and it has a refugium built in behind it. It currently has 3 13 watt pc's over the main part and 1 13 watt over the fuge. And yes I do have sps in there. I have pretty good growth rates with the sps too. The pocillopora continues to get more color and encrust over the rock its on. As for livestock I have a peppermint shirmp, a neon psuedo, 5 snails (turbos, margarita, and astrea) and 5 or so blue leg crabs. The tank has been up for about 6 months now. I would love to upgrade the light to a 70 watt hqi but that would cost more than I have in the tank so far.

NaNO ReeFiN

Very beautiful tank, yes, could we get a close up or larger shot of the tank...? Did you win the 50 dollar credit...? :D

I'll try and get more pics posted. I had to resize the ones I had down to palmpilot format to post. I went to my lfs yesterday and they had my picture posted-----Whoo-hoo!! I got the $50. Come to find out that only a couple people brought in pictures but hey I'll take what I can get. I havent tried any other sps. I got the frags free from one of the guys at my lfs. The pocillopora is doing better than the acro frag. It took the acro frag about 2 weeks to extend its polyps. The pocill. frag has great polyp extension (about 2 mm.). Under MH lighting the pocill. is bright pink, I doubt mine will turn pink but it continues to get more color so who knows.

Archived