SaltCritters.com

where to buy a mini spear gun

mxpro32

So, I loved my peppermint shrimp for eating all of my aptaisia the first night I had him, but now he has to go. About a week ago I added some frogspawn to my tank and he went all edward scissorhands on it. I figured I would keep him well fed and he would leave it alone. Now as I'm feeding the tank, he is assaulting one of my hermit crabs. He was lifting him up and pinching at his body as fast as he could (the hermit didn't have any food on him). How can I get him out of here without tearing the tank down?

Cut the top of a 1ltr soda bottle off, invert it inside the lower 2/3 of the bottle with a piece of shrimp or fish in there. Shrip goes in and can't get out...

Put a tall glass in the tank leaned against the rock with food in the bottom, when the bastard goes in pull it out. I caught a CBS like that this morning.

I'll give you a money back guarantee my way is funnier than the others.

The way springfever suggested was going to be my helpful advise though.

I'm going to have to try these ideas. i'm still a little tempted to try the spear gun though. It would definitely be the most satisfying method. Rickshaw, did your coral banded really glue himself to frags?

Yes just about every time even using one hand to lower the frag and the other to defend it. It was really annoying because I prefer to use small pieces of rubble instead of plugs or discs and the CBS would get attached to the piece then freak out and go shooting around the tank with the frag attached. I dont even know how many frags I had to dig out from behind my rock work.

mxpro32...... Don't mean to get OT, but I noticed you joined N-R back in '02 and your member number is 754. Good to see some of the "old timers" back! It's hard to believe that N-R has over 50,000 members now!!

Where were you people a week ago. Had a couple peppermints that decided my feather dusters would make a nice snack. I put an algae wafer inside a net and just held it still up against a rock for a bit. Took maybe 5 minutes for each them but sure enough, one by one they'd come up, climb into the net and I was able to push the net opening up against the glass. Trick is you've got to make sure they get in far enough to trap them and if they try to get the wafer from the other side of the net gently shake them off. Only works of course if they're algae wafer whores which mine were. :)

I have been recommending spear guns for fish and inverts since I joined! I was really hoping someone would do it. I tried on my pep but he kept hiding.

Archived