Coral Vue Hydros

How did you pick your user name?

Lawnman

My name's Jen and in high school I used to paint Bob Ross pictures. People started calling me Bob... Then Jenny Bob, and at some point it branched into Jbobaloo. I still get called Jenny Bob from time to time. Funny thing is, some (northern) people believe that is my given name, being that I grew up in the south. :P

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My name's Jen and in high school I used to paint Bob Ross pictures. People started calling me Bob... Then Jenny Bob, and at some point it branched into Jbobaloo. I still get called Jenny Bob from time to time. Funny thing is, some (northern) people believe that is my given name, being that I grew up in the south. :P

Thats such a happy name. Now lets give these trees some friends!

bob-ross-the-joy-of-painting-20060403115238486.jpg

Steve Taggart = StevieT

Nick name given to me by a fellow wrestler freshman year in highschool. Then add in the weight class and it was StevieT103.

Kept branding myself with it and it is still my license plate

Last time this thread came up Pickle010 wins all internet member names

No, but I went to college at the U. There better not be little Taggarts running around :happy:

You are about the 5th internet person to ask me this! :scarry:

SaltwaterKitty

My name is Kathy but everyone calls me Kat ... which inevitably becomes Kitty and since I was interested in saltwater and KatFish (what my daughter thought my screen name should be) was taken, I became SaltwaterKitty. :D

SWK

No, but I went to college at the U. There better not be little Taggarts running around :happy:

You are about the 5th internet person to ask me this! :scarry:

lol, Stevie gets around. :naughtydance:

Mine's random, I had a friend that went by gr3yw0lf online, I thought it was cool, so I emulated him. I like phoenixes and red fit with the number scheme so...

I work with brothers with the same last name and before them had never heard it. Figured I'd check, I've had stranger connections to people.

Very strange because everyone asking was in MN. There was a guy at the U of M, same age with the exact same first and last name. We used to get each others emails. Met him at a party once. Maybe he is related as was a resident.

From what I know it isn't the most common last name. I still have to read the book :lol:

I keep reptiles and really like the types of lizard from the genus varanus. 37 was my number when I played college football and Blackburn College happened to be founded in 1837. Thought it was neat so have had it ever since.

Bill

Steve Taggart = StevieT

Nick name given to me by a fellow wrestler freshman year in highschool. Then add in the weight class and it was StevieT103.

Kept branding myself with it and it is still my license plate

Last time this thread came up Pickle010 wins all internet member names

Thanks Stevie... I didn't want to have to tell that story again. :P

I found it... so I don't have to type it out again.

I've told this story here before... but not in this thread.

I was a crew chief in the USMC flying CH-46 Helos and I was dispatched to externally lift a horse that had fallen with it's rider down a steep slope up in the San Bernadino Mtns. Well we hooked up the horse just fine and got him to about 30 - 50 feet up when one of his harness straps ( that the ground crew supplied) broke. I made the call on the radios letting the pilot know that the horse was unsecure and he called the ground crew on the radio to confirm the appropriate course of action. Well they insisted that the rest of the harness would hold and that we should just get the horse out to the landing zone.

We made the transition away from the mountain and spotted the zone. At this point we where probably in the range of 2000 ft above ground level. At the same moment the pilot let off power to start our decent in to the zone the horse simply slipped right out of the harness. I jumped on the radio and let the pilots know the "loads away!" In disbelief they asked me to confirm and I responded "The Load has been Pickled!" I had to fight several g's to get to my feet and get to the cockpit to watch the horse impact in zone as the pilots spun the plane around to see it for themselves.

Channel 2 was flying next to us the whole way - I got home just in time to catch the video on the news.

Pickle is a millitary aviation term that means "drop the load" Code words and terms like that are used so that there is no doubt as to what was just said or meant.

Ever since I had the call sign Pickle - it just stuck, I wonder why?

My friends have been calling me "fabuloso" for years and I've adopted it as a self-moniker ever since hence the name when I signed up on here. "El Fab" on the other hand was coined by members on this site and have pretty much caught on even IRL. :lol:

Gamer tag. I've used it sense I was about...13 or so when I started playing EQ. Picked that because...well I've managed to start a lot of things on fire that were never supposed to have been on fire...the big ones were all unintentional.

I am very unoriginal... just used my name :P

LOL mine is too

5-O is what I am, thats my job, figure it out. :D

Reefer is for being a reefer and keeping nano reefs :D

Crap everyone hide the Shrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Archived