Top Shelf Aquatics

34g PAR38 SPS Tank

fmfa0801

Ok here is a few quick iphone pics I need to take GOOD pics with my camera but too lazy lol. I added 2 koralia evolution 1050gph. One on each side and a natural wave maker timer. The evolutions still click when they start up! :angry: Im gona call my LFS and get new ones. Other than the clicking sound, I like them alot. Added a bunch of SPS coral and 2 mangroves.

Livestock

2 grade A's Picassos

1 pygmy angel

1 chromis

1 4 line wrasse

1 black bar circus goby

1 emerald crab

1 cleaner shrimp

SPS

1 RBTA

Zoas

Moti

What do you guys think?

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pismo_reefer

Anyone ever tell you you're a lil' overkill?

Love the tank, but gutting a cad, the throwin' 3x PAR38's over it....

thats cajones....

:o

You are a brave man... You should have started slowly... cuz leds and sps are still need to be proven.

I have seen tanks with SPS light by LEDS and are doing great. Im not scared ;)

I picked the rock out by hand at the LFS. Its mostly like 4 big rocks with a bunch of small rock coming out of the water.

neato tank man, it does seem like you have a ton of light. good luck with the sps

What you think its too much for SPS?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks awesome my dude.

is your LFS boardroom?

No they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way over price and crappy store. I have been it the store looking and wanting prices and every time they never ask if I need help and when they do I have been in the store for 30 mins and there not busy. They all ways have to ask and call the owner to find prices. He is the only one that knows anything about the store. When I first got into reefin I bought a green slimer frag from them about 1.5" They fraged it off there colony. I spent $70. I thought a lil high but what ever. The next day i went to areefcenter.com stores right across the street and they had green slimmer frags the same size for $10. I called Board Room and they didnt give a crap and made up excuses. $60 is a huge difference in price for the same thing across the street. There anemones are always bleacheed, dead and expensive. I would NEVER recomend them. Period. Sorry I had to vent. I dont know how they r still open.

• 2 months later...

What degree of optics are you using? 40, 60 or 80? I am thinking about getting some PAR38s for my 28 gallon biocube and I am trying to decide on the optics.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived