Coral Vue Hydros

some hitchhikers i have just found and need ID'ed

b_artman

started cycling my nano a few days ago with some well established live rock and have found a few things of interest.

first found a tiny snail. half the size of the smiley emoticons, it is light brown in colour. i think its too small to identify yet so im not worried.

second i saw a tentacle very similar to the one found on this thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=21448

except that the one i saw was brown. only one came out of a tiny hole in the rock, and i have no way of seeing inside to identify the owner. it only came out twice that i saw. it didnt move or anything, just lay hanging off the rock and onto the sand. it was about half an inch or so long.

then we found a crab. no idea what kind it is because it is deep deep inside the rock in a hole. i can just barely make out the fact that it is a crab which it is, about 1 inch in size. has no shell, though i think its some sort of hermit. hopefully he comes out and i can see what it is.

i also have what appears to be some sort of feather duster type things. there are two inside the rock(the rock is an 8 pound piece with lots of interconecting holes) that just sway in the current. they are not aptasias for sure. they are white in colour.

the main thing im not sure about is that tentacle thing. so if anyone has ideas, please let me know.

ive been looking all over online and have found this pic which seems to be the closest to the crab i have:

crab1.jpg

anyone know what kind it is? i just went downstairs and he was out on the sand, so he is a night crawler.

Archived