Cultivated Reef

anemone for a pair of tomato clowns?

jepoy420

hi i just bought a pair of tomato clowns i was wondering what would be the best anemone i could buy for them to host in?

Also i have a pigmy angel and wen i put the pair of clowns in the pigmy angel kept fighting with the clowns i was wondering if this will be a permanent thing what should i do? right now i took the pigmy agel out and is in a temporary tank? any suggestions becuz if i can i would still want 2 have the pigmy angel in the same tank as the clowns.

12 gallon jbj nano cube

the bigger tomato clown is the same size as ther pigmy angel

Just IMO ... but you probably don't want an anenome at all. Regardless of how much light you have, anenomes need a lot of food. With 3 fish in a 12 already, you probably don't need the extra bio-load.

Next ... you haven't said how old your tank is. Anenomes are extremely sensitive creatures and require stable tank parameters -- generally only found in a tank that's at least 6 months old.

And, finally, if you use powerheads in your tank, there's a good chance that your anenome will get sucked into it, be torn to shreds, and pollute your tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added a BTA to my tank and am hoping it works out. So far, nemo hasn't come near it, but I think he was tank raised so I am not sure if he will ever host with it. It took him 6 months to start hosting with some mushrooms.

My only problem so far with the anenome is that it is moving around looking for the right spot. It makes me a little nervous since I don't want him killing off a bunch of other coral in the process. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Archived