Innovative Marine Aquariums

Instant Ocean Marine Blend Gel Food

Kittysnax

I got some of this for free when I bought the stuff I needed to setup my tank. Has anyone used it? Was it any good? I was thinking of giving my new clown some every other day or so. Not a whole serving, cause well...hes tiny, but you get the idea heh.

I got a free pack w/ an online order. Its not bad. The instructions say to squeeze small bite size pieces into your tank but when you squeeze the pack big clumps come out. I have to stir it in a cup of tank water to break it apart enough so that my fish will eat it. BTW I have only small mouthed fish (firefish and small cromis). Overall I like it and everything in my tank goes crazy when I feed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a free box of it at reef-a-palooza last year. I've been using it ever since, and my clowns love it. I basically just cut the corner and only squeeze enough out so they can grab it out of the pouch. Good stuff I also use it to feed my acans and LPS. I suck some up in a syringe and just shoot it in their mouths.

I am so glad I decided to use it! 1 pouch lasts me a whole week. (feeding every day) but then again, my stocking list is one tiny clown. There is hardly any mess at all, and what is leftover, the snails, crabs, and shrimp get to it. Sinec I started using it (Feb 13th) I havent noticed a single algae problem besides my Bryopsis outbreak which happened before I started using it, and that is taken care of now. If you dont have many things to feed, Id definatly recommend it! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
I have some as well. Do you guys refrigerate your left overs from a pouch or just put it in a ziplock bag?

i just paperclip it shut and stick it next to the tank

I just got some from the pet store. I did not open yet. Question will this stuff float or sink to bottom?

it tends to sink more than float. It also depends on how much you squeeze out. The more, the heavier and vice versa.

• 4 months later...

Heres the first 10 ingredients of it:

Soy Protein Isolate, Wheat Gluten, Fish Meal, Krill, Brine Shrimps, Wheat Starch, Fish Oil, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Yeast Extract <--- basically crap with a little bit of fish meal mixed in.

First 10 in Formula 1 flakes or pellets or frozen

Whole Salmon, Halibut, Black Cod, Seafood Mix (including Krill, Plankton, Crab, and Clams), Whole Herring, Squid, Wheat Flour, Fresh Kelp, Mysis Shrimp, <--- notice the difference in materials.

Fish eat almost anything, My clownfish always tastes the crap comming out of my wrasses ass even though he doesnt eat it, but id rather give them somthing thats meat and seaweed then plant extracts and fillers.

If you like the texture of that food I suggest you buy some rods food and some gel binder so you can mix fresh seafood in with the binder, although your still better off giving rods food just the way it is.

They have a gel piece that you can just toss in the water so fish can "graze" freely. Ya, as soon as it touched my water it began falling apart. The gel packets like the one you have are WAY better than the "grazing gel" so dont be tempted to switch like I was!

I got this and tried feeding it to my tank....everyone ignored it so I went back to frozen.

This stuff looks like really crappy dog food IMO…… and reading the ingredients on the back confirms that.

Archived