SaltCritters.com

refugium/anenome tank/ frag tank???

Nishant3789

Nishant3789

ok well heres the deal, my mom is letting my connect another ten gallon tank to the ten gallon i currently have. Im either going to make it into a refugium, or an anenome/clownfish tank or a frag tank. The lighting will be a 2X13 watt PC striplight with 50-50 bulbs, a 2X9 watt PC striplight and MAYB a 15 watt NO overdriven... now the bottom tank is most likly going to be either a refugium or frag tank. what i wanted to ask you waz if i could put in a sebae anenome with base rock and a mayb a clown and prob a pound or two of live rock to seed the base rock. the main reason people dont use anenomes in their tanks is because of their ability to move around and sting corals. now if i jsut had this one sebae in the tank and no corals, would this still be ok? now if i cant have this, then it will become a frag tank, but the question about that is can i also put in macro algea into this tank so ill still have the benifits of a fuge? well mayb i should call it a frag tank...... this is more like another nano-reef only iwthout as much live rock, prob only like 2 lbs and the rest base rock. what do u all think of this? thanks

nishant

Do a BUNCH of research on the sebae anemone before buying.  They are a high demand creature, and I'd be concerned about the lighting and tank size.  Most people can keep them for a month or so and then they dissolve.

I have had a sebae for the last 2 years.  I keep mine under 275w PC and it is directly under the lights, only a few inches below the water line.  In 2 years, it has grown from 3" across to over 14" across.  I'd look into a Bubble tip if I were you.  Good luck

Sebae%206-10-02.JPG

Archived