Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What is the best 2 part dosing solution?

sharkfin

Hey, I am trying to decide which two part solution would be the best for dosing a Picotope mixed reef???? (SPS, LPS, Softies, Polyp, Clams) Any suggestions on the best products out there????

+1 to B-Ionic

What are your water parameters? For a pico, water changes are very easy to do and should be enough for most reef tanks. A clam is not a good choice for a pico.

Hey, I am trying to decide which two part solution would be the best for dosing a Picotope mixed reef???? (SPS, LPS, Softies, Polyp, Clams) Any suggestions on the best products out there????

2 part is Calcium Chloride and Sodium Bicarbonate.

Some 2 parts are really 3 part, with added Magnesium.

Before you decide to start dosing, what is your Ca level, your Alk(dKH) level, and your Mg level?

I'm purty sure that if you use a good reef salt, and have frequent water changes, that you really don't need to dose 2 part. Because the salt already has it added to it.

And a pico? If with after your required regular water changes, you need to dose that. I think you may have Jesus living in your tank. Because that would be a freeking miracle.

And a clam, in a pico? If you are experienced enough to just merely keep a clam, in any size tank. Let alone in a pico...honesty, you would not be asking questions. You would be answering them.

ps, didn't I post this post like a month or two ago. Deja vu.

Archived