inTank Media Baskets

Curry's 30 Long - Now with 45% moar Eel

Curry02

Thanks!

No time and space to get the 55 going as yet =( If I do get the space I plan to go way bigger than 55.. Thinking around the way of 120+

I have added a few more pieces since the last set of pictures but I think a few more pieces should finish it nicely. Just need to start filling it with coral...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should get either a tailspot or bicolor blenny! With all that rockwork it'd be entertaining to watch! Mine hops all over my tank. It's really cool!

• 1 month later...

Not much to update. Busy with work and the car.

I'm hoping i'll have some time to go pick up new coral this weekend. I did get a pair of clowns a while back and they are perfectly fine (knock on wood) I think the extra time doing the acclimation is what helped them out.

If I do pick up stuff this weekend I will be posting some pics.

The rockwall is really starting to cover up with the coralline now. The frag of green zoas has grown so much the square plug is almost covered and has grown over and attached to rock!

I actually picked up a cool looking zoa frag I split it and put it on 2 plugs. I'll post pics after work tonight.

Thanks. LEDS have been at the back of my mind for a while now... Still undecided. I was thinking about using some strips for supplemental lighting.

No sump or fuge at the moment. Just some algae in one corner of the tank keeping it nitrate free.

• 1 month later...

No updates as of late just kicking back and watching stuff grow... I hope I get some time to go to the LFS this week to see if he got any cool frags in yet.

On another note. My tank has been taken over by neomaris... LOL... It looks kinda cool... I'll get some pics later and post them up. The entire wall is covered.

Latest FTS. As you can see I had a neomaris EXPLOSION within the last 2 weeks.

I think there is way too much green in the tank. Working on getting more blue/purple in there.

DSC_1424.jpg

That neomaris is everywhere! Still though, the tank looks awesome. I love the concept for it! One of the most unique tanks I've seen!

Thank you!

Yep its everywhere!! I think it looks pretty cool. I never expected to grow like this to be honest... It started with 5 piece on a piece of LR and they all had fallen off and I though they died. Then no more than 2 weeks after I had been overrun with neomaris.

I love that wall curry..too cool.

Thanks =)

Is neomaris bad? If so...kill it! If not...it looks pretty cool in your tank.

I don't think so. Since its a macro algae I guess it helps with the nitrates and what not. I guess the only complaint someone would have is about how it spreads quickly.

Is neomaris bad? If so...kill it! If not...it looks pretty cool in your tank.

For what it's worth, it sucks some calcium out of the water. That's why it loves SPS tanks. They have a high calcium content.

that is one sweet looking tank, love what you've done with it.

I need to redo my 30 at some point

Thanks! Post pics when and if you do re-do it.

I'm hoping to pick up a few more zoas from the LFS this weekend... if he got any in...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing tank! That rock wall is awesome!

And wow ive never seen neomaris before! it's so cool! if you ever feeling cutting off a few pieces and shipping them to me I would very gladly pay postage :happy:

• 1 month later...
Amazing tank! That rock wall is awesome!

And wow ive never seen neomaris before! it's so cool! if you ever feeling cutting off a few pieces and shipping them to me I would very gladly pay postage :happy:

Thank you!! Lots of problems recently with the neomaris though.

Unlike most tanks it has really taken hold. To the point where it has started growing on the rocks my corals are attached to... I have tried to manually remove it but its growing fast and strong.

=(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived