Top Shelf Aquatics

95 Gal Wave Front

steve0xr

Wow Nice build man. Love the DIY stand and sweet deal with the CL buy. Cool to find someone with the same tank at the same point in their build. I guess the race is on to see who gets water first lol.

Your going to win my build just got pushed back a few months with a new move and some car work that needs to get done... damn.

The store closed down thats why I got such a good deal.

If your in nj check out www.njreefers.org You can find all the deals on there.

Must be long lost twins. I'm in the process of setting up a 29 high for my girlfriend because she wanted a sea horse tank.

:D I just setup the 12 gallon three days ago for my wife's seahorse tank.. I haven't gotten around to taking pics. I'm horrible on doing build threads because I'm retarded when it comes to pics and between the tanks, kids, and work there's very little time :)

Post some pics of your GF's seahorse tank.. I've been debating to get my wife a little bigger tank, but taking care of a 95 mixed reef, 24 gallon coral tank, and a 12 gallon Seahorse tank there isn't much more room. I may even reconfigure my 95 Wave to a large Seahorse setup and use my 24 and 12 gallon for corals, but that'll take a lot of work. I'd have to get rid of a majority of my corals and definitely all of my fish...hmmm What to do.. What to do...

Looking forward to see your builds progress... Keep posting..

Your going to win my build just got pushed back a few months with a new move and some car work that needs to get done... damn.

Stupid cars they are just never ending money pits.

Looks sweet! Best of luck, and tagging along.

Thanks man!

:D I just setup the 12 gallon three days ago for my wife's seahorse tank.. I haven't gotten around to taking pics. I'm horrible on doing build threads because I'm retarded when it comes to pics and between the tanks, kids, and work there's very little time :)

Post some pics of your GF's seahorse tank.. I've been debating to get my wife a little bigger tank, but taking care of a 95 mixed reef, 24 gallon coral tank, and a 12 gallon Seahorse tank there isn't much more room. I may even reconfigure my 95 Wave to a large Seahorse setup and use my 24 and 12 gallon for corals, but that'll take a lot of work. I'd have to get rid of a majority of my corals and definitely all of my fish...hmmm What to do.. What to do...

Looking forward to see your builds progress... Keep posting..

Not much progress on the 29 either I got off to a good start. I repainted the tank and stand. Then put in some sand and dry rock, threw on a HOB filter and realized there is no outlet on that wall !!?!?!? So thats on hold until I run a new outlet on that wall, but I guess thats the price you pay for buying a house build in 1922.

Stupid cars they are just never ending money pits.

Thanks man!

Not much progress on the 29 either I got off to a good start. I repainted the tank and stand. Then put in some sand and dry rock, threw on a HOB filter and realized there is no outlet on that wall !!?!?!? So thats on hold until I run a new outlet on that wall, but I guess thats the price you pay for buying a house build in 1922.

Understand how things get pretty crazy and projects get put on hold. That's cool that your living in a house built in 1922. There's a lot of history behind that house.. Keep up the posts...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok the pump was much more powerful than I expected even at a 10' head. It was a bit too much even for the overflow to keep up with so I just added a recirc line. I was planning on doing this anyway when I set up my fuge and frag tank but for now its just recirculating into the sump. Pics tomorrow............

95galsetup005.jpg

95galsetup002.jpg

95galsetup001.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do but at least I can say I'm making progress............

and sorry for the blurry cell phone pics.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very cool! I love the aquascaping and the rock on the back will be very cool when the GSP starts filling in. Great job, I must say I'm a little jealous though. :)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:o

Holy crap, how much did it ruin?! That's crap!

Not sure, It just started leaking through the bottom trim. Luckily I was home to minimize the damage.

Archived