ReefCleaners.org

C.A.D. Lights Aquarium

jae4571

Has anyone heard anything about these aquariums? C.A.D. Lights 22G w/Full size refugium w/T5H.O. LEDHO (96W) Aquarium.

I currently have a saltwater 20 gal Long Eclipse setup up and was thinking about upgrading to a Biocube 29. As I was calling around price searching I was informed about this system. It sounds like a pretty sweet setup. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about these systems good or bad.

Also let me know about any comments you have on the Biocube good or bad. Thanks

Here's a link to the website incase you have not heard about the C.A.D.

C.A.D. Lights 22 gallon

Has anyone heard anything about these aquariums? C.A.D. Lights 22G w/Full size refugium w/T5H.O. LEDHO (96W) Aquarium.

I currently have a saltwater 20 gal Long Eclipse setup up and was thinking about upgrading to a Biocube 29. As I was calling around price searching I was informed about this system. It sounds like a pretty sweet setup. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about these systems good or bad.

C.A.D. Lights 22 gallon

------------------> Like these????

C.A.D. Lights 22 gallon

Thanks reefguy. I feel dumb I searched using the periods in the name and could not find anything.

BioCubes Suck! Get a CAD!

I agree. I was going to get the same tank then I got a deal on a Solana. The only thing that I did not like was taking the chance UPS would not mess up the tank getting it to me. They are a great tank and there are nothing but good thing said about them. Also I know about Biocubes sucking I had one. Dumped it after six months and a lot of issues.

I will say, not everyone says good things about them. A lot of people have strong feelings about the quality of the Cad stock equipment.

I personally couldn't tolerate the heat and noise generated by the stock return pump on my cad 39g pro, so i upgraded that to the Tunze 1073.020. and, i upgraded to the bubble-magus skimmer (definitely worth it). i've soured on the light fixture (i feel like i'm not getting enough power out of it), but it's still tolerable.

never hear any complaints about the glass, though.

Still waiting on my 50G tank. Ocean Reeflections says they are backordered.. Heard great reviews about the tank and skimmer, but still waiting on a reply from CAD as to when they will have stock. Supposedly the 20th. Unfortunately CAD's website and response to enquiries online isn't the best..

I've never had problems I couldn't fix easily with a BC29. Just don't start with bioballs and clean it every once in a while.

Still waiting on my 50G tank. Ocean Reeflections says they are backordered.. Heard great reviews about the tank and skimmer, but still waiting on a reply from CAD as to when they will have stock. Supposedly the 20th. Unfortunately CAD's website and response to enquiries online isn't the best..

bio_borg, try calling Eddie at Cadlights. He picks up the phone 99% of the time that I call (.. and i've called a lot). He's responsive.

I will say, not everyone says good things about them. A lot of people have strong feelings about the quality of the Cad stock equipment.

I personally couldn't tolerate the heat and noise generated by the stock return pump on my cad 39g pro, so i upgraded that to the Tunze 1073.020. and, i upgraded to the bubble-magus skimmer (definitely worth it). i've soured on the light fixture (i feel like i'm not getting enough power out of it), but it's still tolerable.

never hear any complaints about the glass, though.

Any other comments on the stock T5HO lights. I have been seeing mixed reviews...

So I have been reading a lot of reviews on these systems. Over all consensus is that the quality of the tank is superb. However, I am somewhat concerned about the quality of the stock T5HO lights. Some people say they are fine others complain about the quality of the lighting supports and internal craftsmanship of the hood itself. Any input?

eh i would just buy the power compact version since its cheaper and then just buy a fishneedit.com metal halide. i dont know anything about their t5, but 96w seems kind of on the low side for a 22g

Any other comments on the stock T5HO lights. I have been seeing mixed reviews...

i don't have the T5 fixture -- i have the 150w halide + T5 actinic fixture. i am satisfied with it for the price, though i've heard maybe the ballast could be better.

had a C.A.D. tank. the actual tank and fuge were pretty good. the rest of the equipment that came with it was however not the greatest but functioned. they also charged me twice so I had to go through the pain of getting refunded for one of the charges and lost the money my bank charged me for overdrawing my account! :angry:

Heres the deal. There is a lfs store in the area who is selling the Cadlights 22g system for $300.00 It comes with the T5HO lights, the stock pump, lock line and BM protein skimmer.

My thoughts are this. The tanks are arriving next week and I can go down and take a look (ie no cracked tank showing up on my door step) since I have only seen these online. I can also inspect the quality of the lighting system. ( I have been told they are UL listed any contradictions on that?) For $300 I think its probably a good buy and then I can upgrade to a better lighting system later if I need to.

Also, I am looking at purchasing Intanks media basket for the system and will probably not use the skimmer.

I really appreciate your guys input.

I understand a lot of people are against the AIO tanks and I understand why. However, the setup will work well for me and I really like the stream lined look.

Heres the deal. There is a lfs store in the area who is selling the Cadlights 22g system for $300.00 It comes with the T5HO lights, the stock pump, lock line and BM protein skimmer.

My thoughts are this. The tanks are arriving next week and I can go down and take a look (ie no cracked tank showing up on my door step) since I have only seen these online. I can also inspect the quality of the lighting system. ( I have been told they are UL listed any contradictions on that?) For $300 I think its probably a good buy and then I can upgrade to a better lighting system later if I need to.

Also, I am looking at purchasing Intanks media basket for the system and will probably not use the skimmer.

I really appreciate your guys input.

I understand a lot of people are against the AIO tanks and I understand why. However, the setup will work well for me and I really like the stream lined look.

Posted a reply to this in the other thread -- check it out.

Archived