Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

for those who doubt PSL.com

hjk1173

I ordered one of their 29" 2x55 PCs, at a pretty good price from Ebay. They keep a few items on there most of the time. Anyway, First off, I saw an auction for a 29" fixture for 79.99+20 shipping... But by the time i got back to use the "Buy it now" button someoen had snatched the light. So i called them up and explained the deal, because they have several items up , but i missed the one at the good price...and bam! I get the 29 inch at 100 bucks shipped. So, i waited around for a few days and finally got it. it turns out one of the bulbs was broken, the 10K.. Mind you this was at least 2 weeks ago that i got it.. I am really busy most of the time, and didn't have much time to call them back and request a new bulb till now. But i got on the horn with the guy, and told him what happened....gave him the tracking number and all, and he just said "Alright, you need a 10K 55W?" "You got it"....whoa...no questions or anything! if i get it soon i'll be very happy with PSL, otherwise, I'll just be happy with the fixture, as it is a rather nice lamp. http://www.petsupplyliquidator.com/

I figured feedback is good for those looking for online supplies.

I just bought the 2X36 retro off ebay from them yesterday. I am a little leary about their ebay feedback and rep on this site, but it was a good deal so... One thing I don't get is why Colton puts a pic of a different retro kit on ebay rather than the one he sells(you actually get). I think the PSL retro is a nice looking kit. It's different than the others. I would advertise the real one on ebay if I were PSL.

Tony.

i feld a little leery as well, but i got a great deal as well. One thing i didn't like was lack of communication on their part...i tried emailing them with questions a few times, mostly they tell you to call and talk. i would have liked better email communication, and confermation..oh well, i'm pretty happy and now that everything turned out very good, ehh, email shme-mail!

Originally posted by MrKrispy

have they ever shipped a hood without a bulb breaking?

Out of 2 different shipments from them I never had a broken bulb shipped to me, only broken ballast. ;)

Their product always looks good when you get it . unless broken. Turn the lights off in a few weeks and let us know if they are grey or darkening. You can't allways tell when they are on. turn them off and find out. Their ebay account has 17 neutrals and 17 negatives not sure why they are a powerseller.

i ordered 2-96 watt actintic 03 bulbs from them over a week and a half ago and not seen them yet. all they will say in the e-mails is call some number out in cali. i'll wait it out another week or so and then get on the horn with them. i've heard awsome stuff about them though.

-jon

I ordered a 2X96watt retrofit from them and received it 12/19/03. I didn't get it put into my canopy until 12/27/03. Turns out the 10k bulb was bad. Sent an e-mail, Colton replied the same day, and new bulb is being sent. Nice and really like the fixture. Just my .02

I bought two lights from them over the last 2 or so years. Light one died after a couple of weeks. Sent it back (at my cost grrr) and they fixed it (and added a pc bulb to it). No problems. Caja has the hood now. still works great.

the other hood I bought when Lonewolf was still there and the bulbs didn't fire up immediately. Bruce sat on the phone and b.s.'ed with me until they fired up, just to make sure all was good in my world. No problems whatsoever with the hood (bulbs were just being finicky) and I was a happy camper two times in a row. I've heard all kinds of war stories about them but with regards to the comment that they have never shipped something out that wasn't broken in some form, I will say yes. two times.

neubauer16 - thats what i'm talking obout with the lack of email support. there may not be much they can do to fix it without looking at a problem, but they could at least tel you what they would tell you on the phone

just an update.

i got my bulbs today. they fired right up on arrival.

some people or can't afford to make a long distance call from fl to cali. like me =). so i think that it is b.s. that you have to call to find any thing out. i will definatly think twice before ordering anything from this company again.

-jon

yeah. in general as i re read this post i see everyone seems to have a problem with them...yet PSL still gets the job done in the long run, and its done to satisfaction for the most part. am i correct?

Aslo to me customer service is a huge part of sales/business.

Well my PSL(won on Ebay) 2X36 retro kit came in today, and I have to say I'm impressed with it. I doesn't look anything like the one on thier site. It looks like a traditional retro kit. It came with the work horse 5 ballast.

I'm happyfish.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I've ordered from them several times. Previous orders were always excellent in both price and product. Then things changed. The last order was wrong, and they never repied to messages or emails to fix it. I personally will think long and hard before ordering ANYTHING again.

Archived