Pod Your Reef

Sapphire skimmer with a rack ?

rfilley

I have a BC29 and I have a Sapphire skimmer in route. Should be here any day. Will the media basket fit in chamber 2 with the skimmer?

Depends on whether you got the recirculating skimmer or the nano skimmer. If you got the recirculating one, no you can't use a media basket. The skimmer takes up the whole middle chamber. If you got the nano skimmer, you're good to go.

I made the mistake of getting the recirculating one. I sold it and now I can't find the Sapphire nano skimmer.

Most likely yes, but

When was the media basket purchased and when was the sapphire skimmer made?

As far as I know the skimmer was just built and sent out. It is literally in transit. I have not yet purchased the basket, so it would be new as well.

Depends on whether you got the recirculating skimmer or the nano skimmer. If you got the recirculating one, no you can't use a media basket. The skimmer takes up the whole middle chamber. If you got the nano skimmer, you're good to go.

I made the mistake of getting the recirculating one. I sold it and now I can't find the Sapphire nano skimmer.

It is supposed to be the nanoskimmer.

As far as I know the skimmer was just built and sent out. It is literally in transit. I have not yet purchased the basket, so it would be new as well.

It is supposed to be the nanoskimmer.

Then yes it will fit. See description:

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Biocube-29-Me...sket-BC29MR.htm

Works if you have the Tunze 9002 or Sapphire BC29 (post July 2009 4.5"x2.5"x16").

Archived