Innovative Marine Aquariums

How often do you feed?

SBGRAD24

How often do you guys feed your tank? I ask because today I caught a peppermint attacking my frogspawn. He was really tearing it up, and no it is not a camelback. Could it be that I don't feed enough and he was very hungry? I usually feed about 2-3 times per week.

I feed my fish once every morning with just two or three flakes. My peppermint shrimp has a special place it goes up to at the top of the tank when it wants to get fed. Everytime it swims to the top and hangs out there, I'll feed it, if not, I'll leave the shrimp alone.

So what do you feed your peppermint shrimp?  I just bought one, do you just feed them fish food?  Suggestions on brands, or homemade recipes appreciated....

I just started feeding my tank and I use Prime Reef flakes. The peppermint seems to like it just fine, I guess the frogspawn must taste better though.

My peppermint shrimp began attacking my feather duster within 4 days of being placed in my tank (they were placed in at the same time and fine for the first 3 days). I don't mean just picking at it either, I mean plunging his claws into the duster's body and pulling. Based on my experience, I would not recommend a peppermint shrimp. Others will tell you their peppermint shrimp are perfectly peaceful with everything. The more I get into this hobby, the more I think that many things are nothing more than a crapshoot. :)

I saw a peppermint shrimp at the LFS today rip a featherduster to shreds.  Unless you have an aiptasia problem, I would go with a cleaner shrimp.  Just got mine today.  :)

My peppermint shrimp doesn't hurt any of the corals but when I stick my hand in there, d*mn, does it pinch hard!! I used to have another peppermint shrimp that would pinch me and it would sort of tickle, but the one I have now is out to get me!! I feed mine just regular flakes as well.

Archived