Top Shelf Aquatics

Zeovit or Brightwell?

MedicBMC

So due to my recent lighting upgrade (LED) I bought some nice SPS test frags (Cali tort, and ORA Borealis) that have been doing good, but could be doing better. I am looking to dose some AA's to brighten them up, and get better polyp extension.

Over the past week I've read a lot about Brightwell aquatics' line of products on this forum....mostly Coralamino. Talking with a friend who uses Zeovit I'm also interested in Zeovits nano pack which seems promising, and based on reviews has worked very well for many. Zeovit nano pack

I'm also getting my first clam....A 3" Maxima which would benefit from Zeovit sponge power. What do you feed your clam? I'm thinking maybe some oyster feast? or Phyto?

Based on your knowledge and personal experience which would you recommend? Any pros or cons over one another? Any ideas or advice are welcome.

I personally havn't tried the brightwell AA just because I wasn't able to get ahold of it locally. I did pickup some zeovit amino from another reefer and it's definitely doing a good job. Within a few days i've noticed my LPS picking up and after about the first week my sps were showing slightly longer polyp extension and slightly more vibrant colors. When you use the zeovit you only need drops of it which is one reason I like it a lot.

As for your clam just provide it with as much light as possible, they will take in phyto from the water so you can do some DT squirts for it.

I personally havn't tried the brightwell AA just because I wasn't able to get ahold of it locally. I did pickup some zeovit amino from another reefer and it's definitely doing a good job. Within a few days i've noticed my LPS picking up and after about the first week my sps were showing slightly longer polyp extension and slightly more vibrant colors. When you use the zeovit you only need drops of it which is one reason I like it a lot.

As for your clam just provide it with as much light as possible, they will take in phyto from the water so you can do some DT squirts for it.

clams need light......that's about it....feeding a clam is useless

Just lookin at the price I would go with the brightwells.. I just bought it 2 days ago.. if you can wait another week or two i'll have some before and after shots..

Thanks Phil....I'm leaning towards Zeovit. I'll probably pick up both from will-call at marine depot next week. I want to give both a shot, and post my results here to show.

clams need light......that's about it....feeding a clam is useless

Thanks! Good to know. I don't want to put anything in my tank that isn't necessary.

Archived