Cultivated Reef

How do these parameters look?

5-O Reefer

These results are from the API Saltwater master and reef kits.

Ammonia 0 ppm

PH 7.8

Nitrite 0 ppm

Nitrate 0 ppm

Phosphate 0.0 ppm

KH 9 or 10 dKH (it was hard to tell)

Calcium 380

This is a BC14. I have 2 clowns, 1 royal gamma, 1 coral banded shrimp, a cuc, a small kenya tree, 1 red mushroom, and 6 zoa frags. Oh and if it matters 8lbs of LR and 20LBS of live sand.

Thanks!

PH is a little low for the KH you have so there may be a bit of lack of oxygen in the tank, accumulation of CO2 making the PH drop? 14 gallon and 3 fish plus other animals might procude too much CO2.

I guess a stable PH is better than a higher PH that constantly swing, but if you had coral like xenia for exemple, it might be a bit too low.

I would point a pump at the water surface to create a better aeration and see if that help the PH.

Also adding a small skimmer will aerate the water quite a bit, especialy at night where the PH might fall even more.

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

Got the koralia toward the surface, hopefully that will help.

As far as the skimmer, I guess I would need one for CH1 because I have a media rack in CH2. Any suggestions?

well for now I would just wait and see how redirecting the pump will do. It might be enough since you have a very small tank.

Got the koralia toward the surface, hopefully that will help.

As far as the skimmer, I guess I would need one for CH1 because I have a media rack in CH2. Any suggestions?

Archived