Coral Vue Hydros

Buying Aquariums In Canada?

jeremy0411

I am a nano reefer looking to buy a new tank in Canada....I am having a hard time finding an online site that will do this without the extra fees. Has anyone had any luck with this?

all help is appreciated

thx

what size of tank do you want? shipping a large and heavy tank over the internet can be a problem. If you want a tank of 48 gallon or less, rimless and beautiful with black silicone, Hagen makes some that they only sell in Canada. I paid 40$ for my 21 gallons rimless and I was quoted 138$ for a 48 gallons rimless.

You can order it through any canadian distributor or pet store but it pay to shop around because some LFS are real theives.

I am a nano reefer looking to buy a new tank in Canada....I am having a hard time finding an online site that will do this without the extra fees. Has anyone had any luck with this?

all help is appreciated

thx

what size of tank do you want? shipping a large and heavy tank over the internet can be a problem. If you want a tank of 48 gallon or less, rimless and beautiful with black silicone, Hagen makes some that they only sell in Canada. I paid 40$ for my 21 gallons rimless and I was quoted 138$ for a 48 gallons rimless.

You can order it through any canadian distributor or pet store but it pay to shop around because some LFS are real theives.

I am looking for a nano aquarium that is all in one like the solana or the rsm (stevie T) they are the perfect size and the price is right but they are hard to get in canada

neanderthalman

Canada is a big place. Knowing where you are would help a great deal.

Big Al's online carries the nanocube and biocube. I know of no other online canadian retailer who carries tanks. Shipping one across the border will cost you a small fortune, and I would expect them to not guarantee the tank to survive the shipping.

If those don't suit you, then you'll need to find a brick & mortar store near you - they should be able to order you one, even if they don't normally stock them.

Oh, and lol at "price is right". Price is right in the US. Don't be thinking we get the sweet deals they get. We get nothing but the shaft on prices, for everything.

all help is appreciated

thx

Try jlaquatics.com if your in BC(western canada), try reefaquatica.com, check out the aquariumpros.ca sponsor's for other stores that also sell BC/NCandAP's just to start. Also if you are in western Canada you can check out the canreef.com forum sponsors which may be of some help.

oh yeah, like neanderthalman said, "Canada is a big place" so your location would help also.

Good luck

• 4 months later...

sorry, Toronto.

I have tried JL many many times but they dont have rsm or solana, aquarium pros just pisses me off because I get banned every 4 seconds. but ill try reef aquatica....sorry about the late reply .....forgot about this thread lol

you can't find any on sites like craigslist or kijiji?? I often find excellent deals on there for fish supplies, fish, corals and at rediculous bargains. Just a thought.

Archived