Cultivated Reef

seaclone pro skimmer

addam4208283

I have one...

Pros: It works - but not great. If you can get one really cheap and in good condition (preferably new) and you have a small tank (under 30g) and a lighter bioload it'll work fine. If you adjust it just right there aren't any micro bubbles.

Cons: It's hard to clean. It's not very efficient. It uses multiple o-rings, which if they fail, will allow it to pump water on to your floor. You can get a used CPR bak pak or remora for cheap and they'll likely work better. Mine is only adjusted right 50% of the time...

Good luck.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

• 1 month later...

Bought one, used it for about a month, it skimmed poorly for awhile then stopped. Agreed on the hard to clean thing, had to try and keep adjusting it, gave up, bought a better skimmer. It's in pieces under my aquarium stand. Save your money.

kamikaze_fish

I had one. Used it for a month. Decided to take it out because I had it as an in sump skimmer (which they work much better this way) but realized the real estate it took up was more valuable without the skimmer. Things actually looked better when I stopped using it.

• 1 month later...

Mine works fine, sucks out all kinds of crap and was cheap. I had a skimmer about 10 years ago that was very similar (thought it was a Sea Clone when I saw it) that did a great job on my 29 g.

Shaggy420

poorly made, inefficient, and way better skimmers for the same price. get a reef octopus for a little more and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
i was looking at the price of this skimmer and wanted to know if it was worth a try considering how inexpensive it is?

adam

How big a tank are you gonna use it on? It does a great job on my 20, but I probably wouldn't use it on anything larger.

Archived