Top Shelf Aquatics

water filter systems

polok121

So i was helping my buddy move last week. While i was cleaning out his garage i found this water system. He said i could have it. It has never been used and is still all wrapped up. Is it worth trying out? will it give me really good water? please help me out. thanks!

Not an RO or RO/DI filter

Basically a glorified brita

Oh....can i add a RO/DI filter to this unit....is it worth it? is it possible?

Worst thing you can do in this hobby is cheap out on the water.

You can get RO/DI at most grocery stores but it gets expensive. Making your own is by far the easiest and cost only pennies in the long run.

Most people don't mind paying $100 for coral but for some reason have a hard time spending that on a water making machine.

kamikaze_fish

Do you have a tds meter? Try that filter with a TDS meter and see how it turns out. Some people are lucky enough to have water straight from the tap that has a low enough tds they can use it. The rest of us have to use ro/di. You could also take it since he said you can have it, and hook it up for yourself for drinking water.

Its a drinking water taste and odor filter, nothing else and in no way compares to a RO/DI system. Its basically the sediment and carbon filters used as pretreatment for a RO/DI which do nothing for TDS.

Archived