Innovative Marine Aquariums

Poly filter floss

Nemo Niblets

Save money by purchasing this famous filter floss as a value pack! Includes three full sheets for an extended supply.

An inTank secret poly material unlike any other on the market. Catches detritus yet allows for the maximum amount of flow. Thicker than other similar poly filters available so you use less. No more doubling or tripling up, use one or two squares on the top of your basket. A very generous amount last a long time with normal use. Cut to fit for your tank.

Cut to fit the top shelf of your inTank media basket or other filtration area. inTank recommends white side up

Add multiple quantities to your order without raising shipping costs

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/VALUE-PACK-PO...FLOSS-3PACK.htm

blue side down

inTank you.

• 1 month later...
Save money by purchasing this famous filter floss as a value pack! Includes three full sheets for an extended supply.

An inTank secret poly material unlike any other on the market. Catches detritus yet allows for the maximum amount of flow. Thicker than other similar poly filters available so you use less. No more doubling or tripling up, use one or two squares on the top of your basket. A very generous amount last a long time with normal use. Cut to fit for your tank.

Cut to fit the top shelf of your inTank media basket or other filtration area. inTank recommends white side up

Add multiple quantities to your order without raising shipping costs

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/VALUE-PACK-PO...FLOSS-3PACK.htm

blue side dow

n

Steve do you think it's a good idea to start using the filter floss (1 or more) to replace the blue sponge in chamber 3 of Biocubes?

Thanks.

Good question.  Sponges can be a nitrate trap so avoiding them is recommended.  Unless you are using chaeto in the rear chamber, remove the sponge.  Filter Floss is a much better option.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered 3 x Value Pack of the polyfilter floss. When the box got delivered I was not expecting it to be this much! Man this is such a good deal!! Now I can sleep at night knowing I am not gonna run out of polyfilter (not so soon I hope).

post-51266-1269660609_thumb.jpg

coachfraley

How long do you guys let it run before replacing? I currently use "loose" floss, and I change it every 3 days or so.

impossible question to answer because every tank is different. When it clogs up and starts to block too much flow is when I change.

In my tank using the world famous inTank special high grade superior designed not sold in store brands it is 1-2 times per week.

coachfraley
In my tank using the world famous inTank special high grade superior designed not sold in store brands it is 1-2 times per week.

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to get a general idea of the changing time. Do you sell monkeys or robots that will change my floss for me?

impossible question to answer because every tank is different. When it clogs up and starts to block too much flow is when I change.

Steve-

I got some feedback while troubleshooting my Tunze 9002 and it had to do with microbubbles caused by phenols used in the production of typical filter floss. I've since seen at least one brand of floss be advertised as "phenol free".

I think I see a small uptick in microbubbles when I replace my floss so I'm curious what other people see and what you might be able to add. Love the media basket.

Thanks.

inTank recommends white side up

blue side down

I noticed you recommend white side up, OR blue side down, which is better long term?

if the white side is up than the blue side is down

Do whatever works best in your tank but the white side is less dense so it should let more water in right away and trap the most.. Water has to travel through both sides anyway but the blue side is more dense, and the backing and structure of the white fibers.

Steve-

I got some feedback while troubleshooting my Tunze 9002 and it had to do with microbubbles caused by phenols used in the production of typical filter floss. I've since seen at least one brand of floss be advertised as "phenol free".

I think I see a small uptick in microbubbles when I replace my floss so I'm curious what other people see and what you might be able to add. Love the media basket.

Thanks.

This isn't typical filter floss so I have no idea. These filters are for something all together completely opposite of water filtration. All skimmers produce microbubbles, this is how they make the skimmate so with a skimmer it is natural to have some leak out into the display. Combine that with pumps, moving water up and down and this way and that way and you have some bubbles.

Most beginners freak when they see them. Most that do this long time don't even notice them anymore, and they do go down over time.

Then you have some fancy science word and bam that has to be the reason. Maybe the bubbles go down as the floss cogs up and water flow is slightly slowed? I have run my tank without floss and there are still bubbles. Just how my brain thinks.

There was a fear of white egg crate last year because of a fancy science word. Kind of like all people that get cancer drink water, so water caused the cancer.

:happydance: i got you. ha

so the item in your link is the huge amount pictured? (real question this time) Thats awesome.

The customer ordered multipul value packs.

A value pack contains qty (3) 10x20x2" sheets of filter floss which will last a long time depending on use. In a typical media basket it is months and months since you just use a small 3x3 square at a time.

Value Pack:

IMG_6987.jpg

Archived