inTank Media Baskets

Vertex in-80 NW skimmer

Rockfish

so I just got my skimmer in the mail and I must say if you're looking for a skimmer on a budget then you should strongly consider getting one of these!!! :D :D

here's some pics!!

box when it got here.....

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

the packaging was EXCELLENT!!

IMG_0147.jpg

here's the body out of the box

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

now the only downside was that the instructions were quite detailed but included NO pictures of any kind!! so i gotta bump it down a notch for that!! I'm a very visual person and to see a diagram very once in a while!

But after literally 4 minutes of fooling around with it and here's the finished product!!

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

and after another 10 of fixing my sump here it is running

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

for something that runs 169.99 i'd say GO FOR IT!!

wow that is a great price for that skimmer, looks like it will get the job done nicely. kinda reminds me of a euro-reef but without the pricetag, and thats always a good thing in this hobby.

Awesome. Those skimmers are supposed to be machines for their cost... they do better than lots of skimmers that are more expensive. Tons of rave reviews on these on RC, great choice. Thanks for the review!

Awesome. Those skimmers are supposed to be machines for their cost... they do better than lots of skimmers that are more expensive. Tons of rave reviews on these on RC, great choice. Thanks for the review!

as always glad to help!!

nice writeup, but writing it off after a few days of use because its freaking out after your water change doesnt do this skimmer justice. probably its a good indication that something is wrong with your tank or you just need to let it break in.

chances are if this happened to this skimmer, other skimmers might do the same thing as well.

• 2 weeks later...
quick update.......still overflowing and driving me nuts almost 2 weeks in to it!!

i'm really considering returning it or selling it

Do you add anything biological? Like carbon dosing or BW Microbacter7 kinda stuff?

I have one and like it alot. I've had it up and running for over a year. The only problem that Im having is that the pump doesn't like to restart anymore, but I think I have the gen 1 pump. Im looking at using a sedra 3500 on it

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a hard time deciding between this and the Reef Octopus 110. Ended up going with the 110, but we'll see.

You said "FINALLY" what happened is it running like it should be now?

I was having a hard time deciding between this and the Reef Octopus 110. Ended up going with the 110, but we'll see.

You said "FINALLY" what happened is it running like it should be now?

YES!! and i have to take back the previous statements....the thing pulls dark nasty foul gunk out of my tank!!

Archived