Top Shelf Aquatics

Aquapod 24g

SaltwaterKitty

SaltwaterKitty

Hi!

I have a 24g Aquapod and its been set up in my home for just over 2 months. It was previously set up - I bought it with the LR, LS and water.

I set it back up based on the instructions of the previous owner. In the two chambers in the back, there is simply LR rubble and filter floss on top of it on the right side (if you are looking at the tank) and on the left is the stock pump and sponge.

I'm not happy with this system as the water just isn't crystal clear like I would like it to be and think it should be. What do I need to do? I think I need the media rack but am unsure as to what to put in it and how to dose whatever goes in it. What do I need to put in it to optimize this tank for it's inhabitants?

Thank you!!!

Kat

Hey Kat-

Live rock rubble is not recommended in any saltwater reef tank.

The media basket will greatly help in the filtration of your aquarium and help catch all the junk floating around.

The media basket sides into the intake grate, there is a track on the backside. It blocks off all the water from coming in all but the top few inches.

So the intake water is forced to the top of the basket and pulled through all filtration media.

I would recommend:

Filter floss on top

Purigen in middle

Chemi Pure elite on the bottom

or

Filter floss top

Purigen and chemi pure elite middle

and chaeto (macro algae) on the bottom grown with an underwater light.

Cust%201.jpg

cust%202%20writing.jpg

cust%203%20writing.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/AquaPod-24-Me...sket-AP24MR.htm

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/DOUBLE-Underw...-DOUBLEQL02.htm

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Chemi-Pure-El...g-ELITE11OZ.htm

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Purigen-100ml...00mlPurigen.htm

SaltwaterKitty

Thank you so much.

What is the maintenance on this set-up? How often will the contents of the rack need to be replaced?

Chemi-Pure and Purigen = change every 3-5 months

Filter floss when it clogs up. This is tank dependent. An estimate is every 3-7 days. Because it is on top you do not need to remove the basket to service, you only lift the hood

Chaeto - Trim as needed depending on growth.

I take my basket out two- three times a year to replace the media, so very low maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome I am glad i found someone with the same problem as i have with my AP24... looks like i need a media basket...I was ready to buy a canister filter for mine....

• 2 weeks later...
SaltwaterKitty

Well, I just placed my order ... but I forgot the poly filter floss!!

Can you please tell me the best way to add that to the order? I'd like to add the Value Pack for $6.97. My order number is Invoice# 0000002969. Can you simply add this to the order for me? If not, let me know if you want to cancel and I can resubmit the order in its entirety.

Thank you!!!

Kathy

Well, I just placed my order ... but I forgot the poly filter floss!!

Can you please tell me the best way to add that to the order? I'd like to add the Value Pack for $6.97. My order number is Invoice# 0000002969. Can you simply add this to the order for me? If not, let me know if you want to cancel and I can resubmit the order in its entirety.

Thank you!!!

Kathy

let me know how it works for you...thanks...

• 1 month later...

I've gone to your site and noticed this media rack is back ordered. When is it expected to be in stock again?

Thank you advance,

Riddler

:welcome:

These media baskets most of the time are made per order. So 1-2 days after you order it will ship.

All pieces are cut but since they do not sell as fast as others we tend not to make large batches at once.

Sounds good. Any package deals with the Fish Saver or other products? I'm setting up an Aquapod and I really like some of your products. :)

Riddler

Archived