SaltCritters.com

bought my first fish.......

Sharkie

My Box of rocks has finished its cycle and everything is 0. I got my LFS to do a double check and everything is going well. Ive got a bit of growth from my LR and im impressed with how its going....................(cant wait to be 3 mths later)

So i got my first fish, a tiny false royal gramma, he is the most fantastic colour - only problem is he has darted under a piece of live rock. So my tank still looks like a box of rocks;P

My question is will he be ok under there? im paranoid that he will get trapped under the rock or something

(the clown has gone back to my mate)

I also recently got one two days ago. He's not a tiny one either. After acclimating and releasing him, he's been seen twice - both times right after he realized I was putting food in the tank. I was concerned after not seeking him since he's not the smallest fish and there's not much room to hide in my tank. Don't know where he goes, even after re-arranging some corals and LR today I couldn't find him, (new species - burying royal gramma!), but sure enough he smelled food when I fed he appeared. I'm not worried anymore because he is eating. I'm going on the assumption he realizes he's the new guy and will take some time for him to stop being such a big baby! :P

Maybe royal grammas have personality disorders along with low self-esteem.

Give the new guy some time to adjust, I'm betting he'll show his face within the next 2 days.

Yep: they may take a little time to adjust, but they are tpically out, front & center.

Mine was huge (5 years old and 3.5" long and fat) in the 65 gal tank, and he used to sleep in a chimney-like hole in the live rock, so you'd either see just his face or the tip of his tail when the daylight bulbs kicked off.

This morning when the lights came on, it was like I had a new fish in the tank! Are they bipolar or something? :)

He's doing exactly as you described, front and center, and if spooked, darts into the LR. I looked a minute ago and all I could see was a purple head sticking out in a cave within my LR out behind my maze brain! :happy: How funny.

Now I have two fish basically "hovering" front and center in my tank. My false perc dork that he is, (hosting and constantly cleaning the brain) and the gramma! Weirdos! X)

Archived