Top Shelf Aquatics

GE power strip timer.

sammwell

Hi,

So I purchased a GE power strip timer from Home Depot thinking it was a good deal since 4 outlets are timed and 4 are always on.

(http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100685866&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=100685866&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D27X-_-100685866)

So, I was wondering if anyone has this power strip and can help me out in any way. I followed the directions and set everything up but when I set the program to automatic and turn on my lights they stay on and are never timed. Help anyone?

Thank you very much.

Make sure you have it set on "auto" and make sure the 4 plugs on the left are what you want on the timer.

The way I have it set is as follows......

Cycle 1 ON Mon, Tue, Wed, Thrs, Fri 11:00am

Cycle 2 OFF Mon, Tue, Wed, Thrs, Fri 7:00pm

Cycle 3 ON Sat, Sun 12:00pm

Cycle 4 OFF Sat, Sun 9:00pm

I cant access the power strip right now as its well tucked away in the other room however, from what iv described you should be good as gold.

Make sure you have it set on "auto" and make sure the 4 plugs on the left are what you want on the timer.

The way I have it set is as follows......

Cycle 1 ON Mon, Tue, Wed, Thrs, Fri 11:00am

Cycle 2 OFF Mon, Tue, Wed, Thrs, Fri 7:00pm

Cycle 3 ON Sat, Sun 12:00pm

Cycle 4 OFF Sat, Sun 9:00pm

I cant access the power strip right now as its well tucked away in the other room however, from what iv described you should be good as gold.

Thanks for the reply. when you say cycle 2,3,4 etc do you mean another setting because I realize that for each cycle there is on and off. Does the cycle time it by each outlet? or the entire left side? I want to set my actinics an 1hr before and after day lights.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I almost got this when I saw it, but I couldn't find anything stating whether the timed outlets could be set independently. I pulled out the instructions, and there wasn't anything about picking an outlet number or anything, and nothing that I could see on it had any label for the outlets, so I didn't get it. If you don't want to time them independently, it's a pretty good deal from a solid company.

Archived