Pod Your Reef

Are my mushrooms ok?

yOyOYoo

When I got these mushrooms, they were big and bright green.

They seem to be browning at the edges, maybe losing their color?

Will they ever get their color back?

or were they just brown at the edges the whole time and I wasn't really paying attention?

They look pretty healthy, all spread out.

Do I need to feed them or will they be ok at the bottom of my tank with low flow and weekly water changes.

thanks

I hate to disappoint you but that green color is false. It appears from this picture that the mushrooms were actually bleached at one point. They will turn brown and then turn whatever thier natural coloration really used to be. Please post pics in about 2 months.

Really?!?!? wow.

What do you mean by "they were bleached at one point" ?

one of them is pretty brown throughout but most still look pretty green....

I thought it might be some sort of stress turning them brown since when I first put them into my tank some of them barfed out some white stringy stuff from it's mouth...

If you look at them and they have this white irradescense throughout then that is a tale tell sign of bleaching. I have seen this growing trend at LFS and Ebay of people selling corals that have been bleached and trying to pass them off as some great color morph. Unfortunately for you and others, they soon find out that they have a brown coral for about 3 months until it regenerates its natural coloration.

Archived