Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ocean water or RO salt water mix

ralva365

dont just go get it from the beach, research around to see if theres any factories or anything that can pollute your water. run it through a fine cotton filter and carbon before using it

i live in pompano and get my water straight from the beach. wait till a calm flat day, go out about waist deep and fill a jug. you could test it just to be sure. pour it out through a mesh screen to filter out particles.

If i lived at the beach i might go out and get my own water. but i wouldnt buy it from a store.

I'm not sure a local store can't mix salt and water any less well than I can. Why wouldn't store water, if they have the correct equipment and process, be ok to use?

Its a big IF, as in do they maintain their water treatment system, what specific gravity do they mix to, do they keep their water storage containers clean, what salt mix do they use etc. Making your own you have control over all those and more.

Its a big IF, as in do they maintain their water treatment system, what specific gravity do they mix to, do they keep their water storage containers clean, what salt mix do they use etc. Making your own you have control over all those and more.

Just ask and observe. Most of my LFS are not only happy to talk about it but to also show you their setup. If they weren't so open I'd be much less likely to go this route.

if you live in miami go to fowley rocks that's where the living reef starts anyway i would get my water straight from the source where the real living reef thrives

Archived