Cultivated Reef

if you got em

mad28gnc

Hey to all i was just given an api reef master test kit the guy used it for about a week then he had to take down his tank, sad, i know . However he lost the cards for the calcium and carbonate hardness so I was just wondering if any of you have any extra cards from old kits or what ever you could send me I would be glad to pay for shipping or if your close to pasadena I will come pick em up .

thanks for your time

Hey to all i was just given an api reef master test kit the guy used it for about a week then he had to take down his tank, sad, i know . However he lost the cards for the calcium and carbonate hardness so I was just wondering if any of you have any extra cards from old kits or what ever you could send me I would be glad to pay for shipping or if your close to pasadena I will come pick em up .

thanks for your time

the calcium and carb hardness don't come with cards. for the calcium you add drops and shake until it turns a deep blue color (each drop = 20 ppm) for carb hardness you add drops and shake until the so.ution turns yellow

Its a counting drops thing...

Calcium:

5ml - 10 drops bottle 1 - Shake bottle - Count drops of bottle 2 until dark purple/blue.

1 drop - 20 mg/L

2 drops - 40

3 - 60

4 - 80

5 - 100

6 - 120

26 - 520

Basically drops x 20

Normal range - 400 - 500

KH

5 ml - add solution drop by drop - complete with change from pale blue to pale yellow

Number of drops = degrees dKH

1 - 17.9

2 - 35.8

3 - 53.7

4 - 71.6

5 - 89.5

6 - 107.4

7 - 125.3

8 - 143.2

9 - 161.1

10 - 179

11 - 196.9

12 - 214.8

Normal range between 8 and 12

Actually it says to turn 'bright yellow' and 'from blue to purple'.

Do you think there is multiple versions of these test kits out there?

I know my salifert kits say in the instructions that there was a change in the formula and they were updated instructions

(and to no longer use the old instructions).

Dunno!

Just got done watching top gear, I can post pics of those pages out of my kit. It's just a few months old.

I only point out the yellow thing because it goes a real pale yellow at first, so I'm assuming they do mean 'bright yellow' is what you are shooting for.

Otherwise my alk is even more pathetic than I think it already is :(

This is the alk test

alk.test.jpg

Calc test page 1

calc.p1.jpg

Calc test page 2

calc.p2.jpg

My bad it does say purple to blue on the calc. I tried to match the picture color to that in the booklet, though your monitor may vary. To me the end color looks purpleish.

Archived