Cultivated Reef

Type of setup...

Ryui84

Hi everyone. I'm new to SW so im a totally newbi. I dont have room for a big setup so im going with a nano setup. Im wondering which systems are better. Im decideing between JbJ Nanocube and the eclpise 12. I know i have to repalce teh lighting for those systems and i knwo that the eclpise can be refitted, but what about the nano cube? Is there somethign i can use instead of hte stock light? Also about the filtration system, i've read post that people dont even use them? So what does the filtration? Also on support equiment, what else do beside the tank systems?

I'm sorry these are really noob questions but i want ot do things right on the frist try :D

Most of us use natural filtration; live rock, live sand, and flow is all you need. There are many ways to generate flow (powerheads, power HOB filters...). You can research whether or not you would also like to incorporate a refugium or skimmer. There are many combinations that will work.

Lighting will depend on the tank specifications. Do a find.gif on the tanks you are looking at. Good luck.

thank you! ahah i just realized there was a search thingy haha thanks

o another thing, can natural filtration work if i use Thaitian Moon sand as gravel?

Archived