Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pet Water bottle ATO

AkOndray

• 1 month later...

with the aquaglobes, same principal but diff design. I see how the pet bottle works. u put it at right under the level where you want it and when water line drops below it fills.

so with aquaglobe you put in in tank when its filled to reg height and as level drops pressure in aquaglobe releases water to maintain level?

with the aquaglobes, same principal but diff design. I see how the pet bottle works. u put it at right under the level where you want it and when water line drops below it fills.

so with aquaglobe you put in in tank when its filled to reg height and as level drops pressure in aquaglobe releases water to maintain level?

No, it's the same as the pet bottle, that's why you needa make a mount of some sort.

I bought this same bottle. I put a clear tubing over it so the stainless steel was not in the water. About 2 months of use all rusty!!!!!!!

Nano sapiens
I bought this same bottle. I put a clear tubing over it so the stainless steel was not in the water. About 2 months of use all rusty!!!!!!!

I've had no issues for 1-3/4 months with these bottles.

Could only mean that they have changed the type of stainless steel used. Could be a different manufacturer is producing a very similar bottle. Can you post a pick of the rusty tips?

To fix your current issue you could remove the rust and coat the metal completely with an epoxy product or remove the metal part completely and silicone in a plastic tube.

About how long does the bottle last on average before having to refill?

wouldnt this depend on how muhc evaporation you have and how large of a bottle you purchased?

Its going to be different for everyone.

^ this, it's not magic. You should already know how much top off you're doing.

how much you're doing daily/how big the bottle is = How many Days it'll last

• 1 month later...

Help! Bought myself a pet bottle yesterday thinking this would be the easiest thing I've done to my tank yet... No such luck! I filled the bottle, set it in place, and nothing happened!!! The end of the tube sat an inch above my water line and no water came out. Am I missing something here? If I jiggle the bottle a bit, water drips out for a bit, but it stops after just a few seconds. Any suggestions? And YES... I took the ball bearings out, lol!

There were two or three in there. Are you sure you got them all? Water should freely run from an open tube at the bottom of a water bottle...

Yup, there were two of them. Water flows freely through the tube... except for when I turn the bottle directly upside down! <_< WTF? It's like the vacuum effect is working a little too good.

Archived