Top Shelf Aquatics

My first LPS, any suggestions?

darwin604

I just picked up my first LPS yesterday. It's a very small hammer coral frag that I got for really cheap so I figured I might as well get it. I've successfully kept softies for about 8 months in my tank now with no casualties, so this is my first stony coral. I bought some calcium supplement and a calcium test kit along with it. The guy at the LFS said its fairly easy to keep but I couldnt find any info on it in the coral-info section of the site.

Any tips on keeping this one? I'm currently adjusting my Ca level to 450 over the next week. I've got a 10 gal AGA with the 96 powerquad PC for lighting and all other water params that I checked before (ph, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, etc are looking good). Anything else I'm missing??

thanks.

d.

Originally posted by seabass

Keep it away from your other corals.

I'm assuming it has sweeper tentacles like lots of the other LPS's I looked at. Its VERY small at this point but still pretty close to my umbrella leather . . might wanna move it over a bit. Thanks for the advise.

caja: thanks for the links

edit: damn, just read the links and this thing looks like it may cause some problems. I'll see how it goes though and return it to my LFS at first sight of any problems.

d.

Archived