inTank Media Baskets

Best affordable test kits

2000geeksUNDERtheSEA

2000geeksUNDERtheSEA

Hey guys, a little new to the saltwater game and was just wondering what would be the best and most economical test kits? I have just set up a 29 biocube and already have done a number of mods and running out of $$$, although I realize water quality is no place to skimp. Just wondering what you guys thought.

I use the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals: Saltwater Master Test Kit.

I like it because it tests pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate levels.

The kit is really easy to use and it is actually pretty accurate.

I checked my LFS today and this kit is running for $24.99. I am not sure how much they are online but I am sure its not far off.

From what I understand, the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals: Reef Master Test Kit is mainly for an established reef tank. If you are setting up a new tank you may want to stick with the general Saltwater kit.

Maybe someone can chime in and correct one of us lol. I am still kinda new to this game still.

Ok well David changed his pictures now lol.

We are both right now.

I checked my LFS today and this kit is running for $24.99. I am not sure how much they are online but I am sure its not far off.

If you keep your eye out - you can pick them up for 19 bucks online - or on sale at Pet Smart from time to time.

If you combine the purchase with a heater or a few other items from the " Petstore Storefront @ Amazon " you can save on shipping and nice discount price.

Archived