SaltCritters.com

Gem Tang

animalmaster6

Gem tang  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is this Gem Tang completely overpriced and ridiculous or is it a great price?

• This Gem Tang's price is overpriced and ridiculous
    • This Gem Tang is at a great price and is perfectly well priced.

I guess it's a great price, just like the price of a Lamborghini is a great price too....if you are made of money....they are both things, and aren't worth that much money, I don't care how rare they are....I have rare and one of a kind garden gravel that I will sell to anybody for $400 per piece.....and each piece is TRULY the only one in the world like it....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather take my $3k and get a selection of "rare" Angelfish to be perfectly honest. Nice fish, but the price on it is utter lunacy when you consider the cost of fish which are prettier and are actually cheaper.

i have a client that has one, and although in my opinion it is overpriced, it does stand out. Sorta like a sports car I suppose. They look great and they run amazing but it still has four wheels and gets you from point A to point B.

animalmaster6

I can't believe it's sold lol. What about all the other awesome cheaper fish on DD that have been on there for months and months? Like that Halichous Grouper. Something like that.

It's nuts.

I'd do a sweet reef or something if I had to spend 3K

Me too. I would definetly make a reef with all $100 fish lol

They look great and they run amazing but it still has four wheels and gets you from point A to point B.

LMAO...I thought you were still talking about the fish at first!!!!!

animalmaster6
If you have money, then this is the same as us "common folk" dropping 25 dollars on a fish!

lol

Someone liked it and definetly had cash!

I dont like the way it looks.

I do

Actually, that is the actually the average price they are going for. Now I would go for a Wrought Iron Butterfly before I would buy a Gem tang but that is just me.

Mike

aquatouch is my local fish store =D. i went there today and saw the goldflake.

Deleted User 6

This is a fish imported specifically for the high-end consumer. Like all luxury products, it's price is part of it's branding as a luxury product. The other part, of course, is that the fish cost more to import than other fish due to its rarity.

So yes, a $3k fish is too expensive for most of us. But for someone, $3k is worth the pride and bragging rights that come along with such a fish.

Nothing is overpriced that has a buyer willing to pay for it.

animalmaster6
This is a fish imported specifically for the high-end consumer. Like all luxury products, it's price is part of it's branding as a luxury product. The other part, of course, is that the fish cost more to import than other fish due to its rarity.

So yes, a $3k fish is too expensive for most of us. But for someone, $3k is worth the pride and bragging rights that come along with such a fish.

Nothing is overpriced that has a buyer willing to pay for it.

A very good point DHaut!

$3k is like $30 to some people lol

You are a lucky person

thanks, everyone there is incredibly nice and prices arnt bad in my opinion. you should definitely stop by if you are in the area.

animalmaster6
thanks, everyone there is incredibly nice and prices arnt bad in my opinion. you should definitely stop by if you are in the area.

If I ever am in the area I will... But I doubt I will anytime soon lol

Unfortunatly some of the extremely expensive fish go to morons who dont know Sh*t about fish and just end up killing them in the process. I worked in a store that had an adult black tang. Cant remember how much it went for but it was alot. Some stockbroker came in, wanted it. The owned grilled him about what size tank he had and the fish he had. Well money-bags lied just so he could justify (in his mind) getting it. Came back with it about a week later the fishes' fins were ripped to hell and it was emaciated. :tears: He had 12 fish in a 125 :rant: As you might guess the fish died a few days later.

animalmaster6
Unfortunatly some of the extremely expensive fish go to morons who dont know Sh*t about fish and just end up killing them in the process. I worked in a store that had an adult black tang. Cant remember how much it went for but it was alot. Some stockbroker came in, wanted it. The owned grilled him about what size tank he had and the fish he had. Well money-bags lied just so he could justify (in his mind) getting it. Came back with it about a week later the fishes' fins were ripped to hell and it was emaciated. :tears: He had 12 fish in a 125 :rant: As you might guess the fish died a few days later.

Unfortunetly I have to agree with you -_-

1 thing: 12 fish is ok in a 125G. Do you mean 12 tangs?

Would you like it if it was a 50 dollar fish? :) The price makes it look nicer IMO.

Exactly what I was thinking... "I'd buy it for like $60 :huh: "

animalmaster6
Exactly what I was thinking... "I'd buy it for like $60 :huh: "

I'd buy it for any price under $60. Only if I wasn't getting the Desardjini SAilfin

Yes they do!!!!

I saw a 1000 acrylic gallon tank full of plastic rocks and corals,

it had 20K led lighting, tons of clown fish and some cool looking tangs.

They were taken care of but the owner didn't know anything about fish,

then the owner was talking about Japan and how the last aquarium was a planted discus tank.

Archived