inTank Media Baskets

What happened to Sapphire Aquatics?

Jacobnano

Add another to the list of folks having issues with SA. I finally received my NC12 nano-skimmer about a month or month and a half ago, and haven't been able to use it. It's too tall and I can't close the lid completely when it's in there. I'm either doing something really stupid, or I was sent the wrong model, but I haven't been able to get any answers back from SA. I've made a few other posts to the boards here, and Kyle had the time to make a few snide comments about my complaints, but apparently ran out of time before providing a solution. I bought it through nanotuners, but all they do is direct my inquiries back to SA, which obviously doesn't help.

Does anyone on here have the new NC12 model and any ideas what could be going wrong with mine? When I measure it, it's about 12.5" tall from pump bottom to top of the collection cup lid...while nanotuners description of the product said it should be 9.5" tall.

The link I have, you can still order the replacement mesh wheel impellers and the Sicce pumps.

http://www.shop.sapphireaquatics.com/

While I agree, you can *order* from that link, my experience says that the parts never arrive. That's the same link that I ordered from. It accepted my CC, and provided an order number. I really wish it shipped out the parts too.

While I agree, you can *order* from that link, my experience says that the parts never arrive. That's the same link that I ordered from. It accepted my CC, and provided an order number. I really wish it shipped out the parts too.

Have you tried calling Kyle at the phone number listed on his site? Might be worth a try.

Have you tried calling Kyle at the phone number listed on his site? Might be worth a try.

... I have not been able to reach Kyle via phone or e-mail since.

I'm assuming you are referring to 713-680-1112. That's the number I found on the site, and Yes I have called it several times. No answer, No machine, No voicemail. If there are other numbers I should try, please post them up, or PM me if they are not for public consumption.

It's great to see all the interest/support in Kyle/Sapphire Aquatics. I've been really happy with the skimmer ever since I started the tank ~3yrs ago. It's been great, until *I* killed the pump. I just want to get the skimmer up and running again to keep the tank happy. Lately however... I'm starting to wonder what's up.

I'm assuming you are referring to 713-680-1112. That's the number I found on the site, and Yes I have called it several times. No answer, No machine, No voicemail. If there are other numbers I should try, please post them up, or PM me if they are not for public consumption.

It's great to see all the interest/support in Kyle/Sapphire Aquatics. I've been really happy with the skimmer ever since I started the tank ~3yrs ago. It's been great, until *I* killed the pump. I just want to get the skimmer up and running again to keep the tank happy. Lately however... I'm starting to wonder what's up.

I have been trying for 2 weeks to get a replacement pump for my skimmer got this email today thought I would pass it along.... :angry:

I have still been trying to reach Sapphire. We have heard through the

grape vine that they have shut down the business. From the looks of it I

cannot get a pump from them. There should be another pump that you can

use in it's place. If you find anything let me know and I will see what

I can do to help you out. I am sorry for the trouble.

Thank you and have a great day.

Michelle

Premium Aquatics, Inc

6050 East Hanna Ave #4

Indianapolis, IN 46203

I've been trying to get the Skimmer for the solana since the 1st week of December. Tried to get a couple of there retailers to get in contact with them to see when they would ship out. Every week I would check in and get the same response "Should be getting them in any day now". So a month and a half later I tried another store and they told me it would be another 6-8 weeks before they would get the skimmers in stock. I've even emailed them a couple of times with no response. So I've ordered a Tunze that will be arriving on Thursday, been to paranoid not having a skimmer this long.

Its a shame. As the article says it isn't the first time. We all hoped Kyle would fare better this time around but it looks like this isn't the case.

He did find and fill a niche in the hobby and built some quality items, recent troubles notwithstanding.

Sorry peeps got the short end on these. Hopefully DIY replacement pumps etc can be found. I'm sure once they are discovered word will get around how to make these cool nano skimmers function again.

Best of luck to all involved.

Thanks everyone. Well it seems they are out of business for good (I know repeating you haha) so it looks like I will be attempting to DIY my own impeller or something. I still have the body which is the main component but yeah...gonna be tough without sapphire.

Thanks everyone. Well it seems they are out of business for good (I know repeating you haha) so it looks like I will be attempting to DIY my own impeller or something. I still have the body which is the main component but yeah...gonna be tough without sapphire.

Are ( were ) they still using those Sicce pumps??

I recall a vendor recently started carrying them. Not sure who though, must research.

Stock pumps yes, but its a start. :happy:

Aquacave, but these seem too big huh?

-_-

Also this for mesh modding

Thanks for the mesh mod link, David tried to explain it to me in his thread, but I failed at understanding :)

Sorry bro... I'm not very good at explaining stuff! -_-

I don't know much about this skimmer.Personally like the Tunze myself. But why don't someone post a picture of the pump and am sure with the brains around here we can figure out a replacment pump.

I don't know much about this skimmer.Personally like the Tunze myself. But why don't someone post a picture of the pump and am sure with the brains around here we can figure out a replacment pump.

Tunze is a decent performer if you can really dial in that water level. Not always an easy thing to do. <_<

And I agree- there is a bunch here with brains- not me mind you- but many others. :happy:

Seems Sicce still makes the pumps--The Nova and micra?? Yes? :huh:

Sicce lincca lol

Sorry bro... I'm not very good at explaining stuff! -_-

Haha it is fine man. I got it now, thanks to you telling me it could be done haha. I still need to make it though...

It is a great skimmer, but yeah too bad the company is gone.

Tunze is a decent performer if you can really dial in that water level. Not always an easy thing to do. <_<

And I agree- there is a bunch here with brains- not me mind you- but many others. :happy:

Seems Sicce still makes the pumps--The Nova and micra?? Yes? :huh:

Sicce lincca lol

That looks like it, wel thats good I might be able to find some replacement ones.

Needreefunds...... You are correct! It's the Sicce Nova pump that Kyle used on the skimmers.

:)

Archived