ReefCleaners.org

Jae4571's 2 Gal Pico Contest Build

jae4571

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I added some moonlights to my Pico today!

I just bought a new retro fit kit for my brand new Solana so I decided to use my old moonlights on the Pico. Total cost for this was $13. I went down to Lowes and got a scrap peice of plexy glass (free) and industrial velcro ($3). The moonlights cost me $10 about 6 months ago.

Here is a picture of the mount I formed out of the plexy glass

DSC04543.jpg

And here is a picture of the lights mounted to the pico

DSC04544.jpg

Moonlights on:

DSC04553.jpg

And a close up. The pictures do not do justice:

DSC04552.jpg

indeed, those pics almost make me regret the fact that I went with the white moonlight instead of that "mysterious blue" color. ALMOST ;P

• 2 weeks later...

Well everything is looking great! I really love the addition o fthe moon light. My feather duster has doubled in size and my mushrooms seem to have out grown the tank. I will have to photograph everything once the lights come on before everything swells up. Fed the corals last night and performed a water change this evening. All parameters are sitting perfectly! I will post pics on Sat or Sun as a FTS is due.

FTS: 04/04/2010

04-03-2010-2.jpg

I thought I would post the FTS today since tomorrow is Easter and we have a very busy day. Nothing has really changed in the tank. I did add a rock of green ricordea. They are from my 20long and were placed in the pico during the transition to the Solana. However, they looked great in the Pico so I decided to let them stay.

Tank closed 04/08/2010 placed the coral in my Solana. Pico is currently acting as a "hospital tank" housing some SPS I received for free. I guess I could always start over though once the quarentine phase is over since there aren't any rules to this contest. Technically I just rescaped.

Current FTS 04/10/2010:

DSC04721.jpg

Archived