Innovative Marine Aquariums

New Salt Mixes

Deleted User 6

I've been looking into that ESV 4 part mix too. Debating whether I should order another bucket of DD H2O or getting that.

Is the new Seachem salt new enough to consider here? Aquavitro Salinity.

One of it's nice features is that they test every batch for chemistry, and the label on the outside of your bucket is the actual test results from your actual bucket. It also has very nice numbers from what I can tell...

http://www.aquavitro.com/

I haven't used it myself yet, but bought some last week and will be mixing it up today. I'm a total newbie though, so I won't really have anything to compare it to!

Researching more into the Tropic Marin Bio Actif and its looking pretty good. This salt doesn't need to be used with a calcium reactor like the Tropic Marin Pro salt right? I may try this one out.

Deleted User 6

supplementing calc/alk is determined by how fast your tank uses those two nutrients. most premium salt mixes have good levels of those two chemicals. however, if you have a ton of SPS/LPS/clams using the chems up, you might have to dose to maintain high enough levels.

I'm quite interested in these two salts now. ESV sounds really good, as well as the Bio Actif. I'm using TM Pro right now and I am quite happy with it. Still, if any of these two are better, I would switch. I am always scared to switch because all other brands I've tried has always never dissolved completely. All the TM products always dissolves clean and fast. My only concern is that I'm using Biopellets. I wonder if using Bio Actif and Biopellets together will cause any problems or help each other. I had increased my dose of Biopellets and have already seen most of my cyano disappearing. I probably need more but maybe the Bio Actif will help. I wish there was more info out there. Even getting info on Biopellets is so hard. Maybe going with ESV might be the way to go. I don't want the organic compounds to conflict with each other and crash my system.

Deleted User 6

The only thing that worries me about organics is it seems that once you start using them it's hard to stop. If anything ever caused me to have to switch salts, my bacteria population would start the population pendulum swinging again.

• 3 weeks later...
TheNordCelt

I've been using the neo-marin from brightwell and love it. I recently switched to LED's and noticed my colors were fading. Everything is starting to pop again, and the params are all great. I'm also dosing vodka, but i noticed the colors coming back before that just from the salt. It mixes very quickly, water is crystal clear in about 15 min. I was using coralife, wich had trace amounts of ammonia and phosphates right out of the bag.

Archived