SaltCritters.com

mdannyg's 33.5 gallon

mdannyg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very well done. is it stable? LOL

eh, sometimes i have to adjust that rock on the right when im adding frags or something.

Looks fantastic danny! Im loving the switch to T5's...your coral look happy. Are you running a sump on this tank?

Thanks Hype. Its really nice being able to see growth practically on a daily basis since switching to T5s. There's a picture of the sump on the first page. i want to live in your newest full tank shot btw.

no, i actually just have a piece of white poster board behind the glass. it's held in place by the overflow and a few strategically placed pieces of tape. i wanted the ability to change colors if i ever have the desire...

i also wanted to mention that the MagFox hose cleaner has to be one of the best products i've ever purchased for my tank. it makes it so easy to not only clean tubing, but also my overflow box and the u-tube for it as well. it gets in the tightest corners and is so small and easy to maneuver.

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant....;Category_Code=

Using poster board for the background is a really good idea. It looks really good.

Do you have any more shots of the stand you built for this tank? I saw the one on the first page, but can't quite make out how the door is constructed.

Damn this tank looks great!

Love the scape and it is really starting to fill in!

thanks! i'd like to fill in some more in the middle areas, maybe some favia or just more zoas.

Looks Incredible danny!How do you like the cardinals?

the cardinals are pretty cool, i just wish the biggest one would eat. i think i saw it start to for a second the other day so maybe there is hope. but they are all really active and great to have in the tank. i like how delicate they look. i asked this one LFS i go to if they ever have them in stock and the guy kind of laughed and said "trust me, you dont want them" and said how they're so ugly when you see them in person. he said he got some once and didnt think he'd be able to sell them for a dollar. to each his own i guess...

• 2 months later...

hey, thanks for asking.

same old, same old. the fish are fine, but i've still got that turf algae driving me crazy. i haven't really added much except 2 zoa frags. i've been trying to save money lately. and last night i was going to clean my lily pipe and broke it and cut my finger (i usually just use the spring washer brush thing, but i wanted to take it off to soak it in vinegar and get it extra clean). so i ordered a new one (i should have always had a second one on hand) and need to find a cheap return u-tube or something at an LFS to use since my sump is currently offline now until the new pipe arrives.

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to at least post some growth shots but haven't gotten around to it. I hate to post a FTS because i'm still waiting for my lily pipe that i ordered a month ago from the ADG shop (i guess because of customs with Japan) and i just have an ugly black plastic return u-tube on it now. ill try maybe this weekend.

Wow this is a Fantastic tank! I love it because it's so my style, the clean look and awesome use of negative space, really pulls your eye to the aqua-scape.

I've been meaning to at least post some growth shots but haven't gotten around to it. I hate to post a FTS because i'm still waiting for my lily pipe that i ordered a month ago from the ADG shop (i guess because of customs with Japan) and i just have an ugly black plastic return u-tube on it now. ill try maybe this weekend.

Hey danny you should of told me i have a return lily pipe laying around somewhere

Wow this is a Fantastic tank! I love it because it's so my style, the clean look and awesome use of negative space, really pulls your eye to the aqua-scape.

thanks! i appreciate it since i always enjoy the stuff you come up with as well.

Hey danny you should of told me i have a return lily pipe laying around somewhere

thanks! i may be interested in buying yours if it gets to be a while longer and i still don't have one.

although now i saw this and its probably a dumb question, but would it be a big no-no for saltwater?

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=83

thanks! i appreciate it since i always enjoy the stuff you come up with as well.

thanks! i may be interested in buying yours if it gets to be a while longer and i still don't have one.

although now i saw this and its probably a dumb question, but would it be a big no-no for saltwater?

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=83

ok just let me know.

Thats very cool but definitely a no-no for saltwater. Sooner or later it will begin to rust.

• 2 weeks later...

here are a few new shots.

5895682615_889c4a7352_z.jpg

5895682825_bb54ea54d6_z.jpg

5895682745_05ae218752.jpg

5895682673_c3c64428cc_z.jpg

5895682919_11ae23efec.jpg

i've also had this low-tech 10 gallon planted tank going for about a year now. I'm finally happy with how it's growing in.

5896251816_ccbb56d4c3_z.jpg

Looks awesome Danny!

Man your planted tanks looks incredible. I have an ADA 45-P laying around that I plan to turn into a planted tank. And your pic makes me want to get started alot sooner.

Archived