Coral Vue Hydros

New DIY canopy pic

jjharrisx4

Just wanted to show a pic of my new canopy. I made this from scrap pieces of pine baseboard that I bought for my house. Not too bad. Now I just need more light so I can add some corals!

that really looks nice. man i cant wait to start building the canopy for the 29 gal tank. this one company wants to charge me $140 for a pine canopy, $180 for an oak canopy. guess what i told them...

It looks very nice! I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone else..........you need to put matching trim on the bottom to cover the plastic.

NanoReefer53

jeez, u guys are woodworkers. man, if i had power tools i would try to make this kinda stuff ( too bad my dad isn't a handy man so he dosen't carry power tools).

P.S-just a heads up, might wanna take the algae away from the powerhead. The impeller can get jammed and rio pumps are notorious for burning out and electricuting the water if they get jammed.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Incredible canopy. I am building my canopy too, I will post pics when I am done. I am going to use Cherrywood and stain it dark brown. It will look like marble....

Ludavico begins drooling

Archived